“Terrible service”

Ranked #79 of 275 Restaurants in Gulfport
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed April 15, 2018

What happened to the customer is always right? We have been going to PORT CITY CAFE in Gulfport every Sunday morning for over 2 years (we even go there on the days he says he is going to be open only to get there and have him be closed). We always have to go to the kitchen to let the waitresses know we have arrived. Sometimes the coffee is a little strong and we ask the waitress for new coffee--no problem. This morning the coffee was undrinkable. This has happened once or twice before. I went to the kitchen to ask for some different coffee. The owner came out and said the waitress said I yelled at her and refused to wait on us. He said no one else EVER complained about the coffee. He thinks I should just take what they give me and shut up. I told him I was not going to pay for coffee I could not drink. He said they could not make a pot of coffee just for us. The cook had to wait on us. She is leaving and we have decided to not come back. We told the owner we would not be back and he said he thought that was a good thing. No wonder he is losing money at this place. I would encourage people to stay away from this cafe and also the Port City Cafe in Biloxi.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 17, 2018

Went for lunch. The lunch crowd had left and it was not busy. Pleasant server and I found the food good. The sugar covered beignets were a nice desert. This is not a michlin 5 star, but a basic diner.. I enjoyed my meal.

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

Fresh coffee was lukewarm....not particularly good. Out of shrimp at lunch....much of the menu feat shrimp.
Dirty utensils. Salty chicken fried steak.
Waitress with dirty fingernails..
Wife's catfish poor boy was great though.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

Casual, greasy spoon-type place in downtown Gulfport. They close at 3pm.

The staff are friendly and nice. Food was ok, we had breakfast. Shrimp & grits available for about $10.

Reviewed November 17, 2017

I'd give it a five but the table was slightly sticky, and the service was a bit slow. The food was perfectly cooked. Eggs, over easy, medium, soft scrambled- All perfect. Biscuits, great grits, fluffy pancakes. Been here before, will return.

Date of visit: November 2017