“Katrina, you could have spared Blow Fly.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Blow Fly Inn

The Blow Fly Inn
Ranked #4 of 253 Restaurants in Gulfport
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Best Seafood, Steaks & local specials like Hamburger Steak & Po Boys Famous Iconic Local Restaurant since 1955 featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives! Drive over & see us. Follow the Blow Fly!
Georgia
“Katrina, you could have spared Blow Fly.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

You can never go back. We originally found the Blow Fly Inn back in 1999, by asking the guys at the fire department where to find good seafood. Then held our breaths as we entered a shack in the Gulfport woods on the bayou. It was very quaint, cozy, friendly, good food and good times. I had a signature dish of Fried Flounder on Fettuccini Alfredo. A weird combination but very tasty. Our food came with the required Blow Fly (plastic) in the middle. The walls were covered with children's art using crayons and the medium. We watched the pelicans flying past feeding and the mullet jumping and the alligator swimming.
Katrina took all that away reshaping the bayou, wiping out the Blow Fly and all the children's art, the plastic flies are gone, but, the friendly staff still attend to you, there is a smaller higher up deck to eat on, the food is still good but the flounder did not return as did other interesting combinations. My wife had the baked / boiled flounder this time and it was a piece of fish the two of us could have shared. I had a generous portion of fried fresh gulf shrimp. This place held fond memories for us. To keep those memories intact, we will not likely return to the Blow Fly Inn. However, if YOU are seeking a nice, reasonably priced, family friendly, good only locals know about place, go there and make your own memories.
I know this review is a departure from my usual attempt to stay neutral, but I loved the old place. Continued good luck guys.

GA,
“the standards have really dropped”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

This resturant is no longer what is used to be. The utensils, floors and tables are dirty. The food is horrible. No taste and messy. I tried the two dishes recommended by food networks Guy Fieri and it was not as mentioned by Guy. The patio was dirty and full of flies. Not too scenic

3 Thank paragkarania
Scott W, Owner at The Blow Fly Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Sir I can promise you that our standards have not dropped at all! I checked out other reviews you have done and over half of your review's are negative. This leads me to believe that your reviews are not credible at all. Please feel free to look at the rest of our reviews and notice that most are 4 & 5 stars. I don't think all of these people are wrong! Have a nice day!
Cleveland, Ohio
“I liked it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We ate dinner here one night during our recent trip to Gulfport. We like going to places that are out-of-the-way, the portions were generous and the view of the river/lake was excellent. This place has great food at a great price. I had the breaded catfish and my wife had the shrimp & grits, both meals were very good. Our special treat was we walked out on the deck after our meal and were entertained by an alligator who looked like he was looking for handouts! This topped our eating experience. We highly recommend checking this place out.

• Visited August 2013
NYNY
“Average +”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is not your place for that romantic dinner. It is quite noisy, the lighting is more office than intimate cafe and the food leans more toward the quantitative side. But the dishes are very well prepared and fresh. They prepare the crab cakes when those crab cakes are ordered, they say. A real strength at the Blow Fly is a respite from the increasingly annoying cajun spice contest that so dominates this region. It's beginning resemble a contact sport, meaning injurious to your health. But for this traveler from the north, the Blow Fly's Smothered Chicken was a wonderful respite from terribly untalented cooks that use a frightening battery of unpronounceable spices to hide their basic lack of culinary skills. From now on any menu line with the word 'cajun' in it is off my map. And I suggest you be careful too. And pack Tums. But you don't need them at the Blow Fly.

Drummonds, Tennessee
“Great Locals Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is the out-of-the-way locals place I've always looked for here and I/we were not disappointed. Everything was excellent--food, service, atmosphere, friendliness, value, and view! We are full-time RVers who eat lunch out every day and always looking for the best food at the best prices--this place has both! They offer several daily lunch specials in addition to a "blackboard special" each day for about $9.95, which includes a dessert of banana pudding. Been here twice and everything was perfect both times. Will go back one more time b4 we leave, but it will be on our list for our next visit! Be sure to get the onion rings!

• Visited September 2013

Been to The Blow Fly Inn? Share your experiences!