“Pleasant, new restaurant, perhaps struggling a bit with their food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red sky crab - CLOSED

Red sky crab
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Fortson, GA
“Pleasant, new restaurant, perhaps struggling a bit with their food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife & I were one of 3 couples who had dinner at the new Red Sky on Friday night, 12/28. There weren't many people in the restaurant, perhaps because it was so new & the weather was poor.

The indoor section upstairs was pleasant in a conventional seaside bar sort of way with Sirius satellilte music mostly from the 80s. The draft beer selection was failry good - I had a Blue Moon - & we shared reasonably priced Sonoma Cutrer chardonnay with the table. My tuna tartare appetizer was nothing special; seasoning was uninspired. My cup of crab/lobster/corn bisque was quite small, too thick in my opinion, & with very little crab/lobster but an abundance of corn. My wife & I shared a stuffed flounder entree that was OK, but not unusual.

Service was quite good, & I suspect the food will improve with time. The menu looks ambitous & inviting. We would go back.

• Visited December 2012

New Orleans
“Great restaurant in downtown Gulfport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Had heard great things about the place. We don't eat out often as we cook a lot at home and travel to Paris to eat once a year. However we decided to try it about a week ago. What is unique about this place is it's menue with a very special champagne vinegrette, one of the best dressings I have ever tasted and they give you the recipe, can you beat that. The seafood was a little old but I'm sure on another night it would have been fine the lobster macaroni was very special and the atmosphere is special we had a super waiter and I noticed all the people around me had very nice people waiting on them the delivery of the food was instant and I just can not say enough good about this. Try it we need more places like this on the Mississippi Gulfcoast.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Yummy food great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I spent 6 days in Gulfport for work and was referred to this place buy a guy who spends half there year in the area. I liked it so much that I went twice in the short time I was in town.
The menu has a great selection of reasonably healthy choices and it's all very fresh. I think it would be great to come here with a bunch of friends a share one of their big steamed seafood platters!

• Visited October 2012
Pass Christian, Mississippi
“Cool place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I wasn't expecting much but they bleed me away. My fish was perfect and my wife raved about the crabs. Outside eating on a beautiful day. Will be back

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Best steamed crab I have tasted!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

This place by far has the best steamed crab in Gulfport!!!! I have been to other steamers across the country, but for the price and quality of the crab you can't beat the red sky crab house. You never see stone crab around and theirs are great!!! The food was great and service was even better!! You must try the red sky crab house!!