“Great little water park”

Gulf Islands Water Park
Ranked #10 of 35 things to do in Gulfport
Houston
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Great little water park”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

By our standards this is a small water park, I am not complaining though. First, the girl took my $8.00 coupon off for me and my husband, then she looked around for another coupon for my 2 girls and got me another $6.00 off for each of them. I was amazed at her professionalism and how she actually took a minute to get us the maximum amount off to enter the park. We then went into the about 30 min. after it opened and was able to find 4 chairs right off the bat. We entered the wave pool and it actually is part of the lazy river where my husband and I based out of for the rest of the day. My 2 girls rode the rides and loved the slides, they have all types of slides (they are teens btw). After a couple of times around we noticed a tent with some seating and people heading over there, so we also got out of the lazy river and headed over to the tent were we were treated to a 20 min. show for FREE!!! It was a shark show with 3 - 6 foot or larger sharks in a specially designed 18-wheeler trailer. VERY COOL!!! We then decided we were hungry. You can have your hand stamped, and go outside the park to eat in the car, or drive over (less than a mile) to the hamburger/pizza joints or you can eat at the park. Since we got such a great deal on admission we decided to see what food they had at the park. Glad we did that, I had a cheese burger basket and it was actually cooked on a grill outside. The 3 remaining family members had chicken strip basket and it was actually real chicken breast lightly breaded. We paid what you would normally pay at the burger joint so I'm glad we didn't leave. We played at the park all day, it was fun, worth the money and a great experience. Also, one last thing, size does matter, and we were so glad that it was not a huge waterpark, we could see everything we wanted to do from the lazy river, we could keep up with our girls much better than those huge parks and actually everyone was so nice, the water was clean, and it was the best money spent for an entire day of fun. We will go back next time we are in Gulfport/Biloxi region.

4 Thank worldtravelsavy

Humboldt, TN
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Had fun, but nothing special”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We went on a Monday and I don't think it was very crowded. We easily found chairs and plenty of the cabanas were still available to rent (although we weren't interested in this). Still, the lines were somewhat slow moving, except on the Riptide Racer, where 6 people can slide at a time. The wait for this slide was next to nothing, and it was a pretty fun ride. We rode it about 5 times. My favorite was the Horn Island Blaster. After that, there really wasn't much. For real, there are 5 actual slides for adults. There's a pretty good area for smaller children. The wave pool is small and the waves do not get very big at all like at other water parks. This is probably because the Lazy River cuts through the wave pool.
We ate lunch at the cafe and I thought it was priced about like most water parks. The food did taste good. Three chicken tenders, fries, and drink for 8.99, and you could add 2 tenders for $2. The chicken tenders were huge, so my husband and I split that. I just bought an extra bottle of water ($2.50). The most outrageous price was probably hot dogs for $3.50, and there were no combo meals for that, so my son got 2 hot dogs, fries and a drink, which was about $14.
Like I said, there's just not that much here. We rode all the rides, ate lunch, and went to the "live shark encounter" and were still ready to go in about 3 1/2 hours. (Also, the "live shark encounter" that was happening that particular week was pretty lame. Three small sharks swimming around in a small tank behind some glass.) Parking was free. My husband found $5 off coupon online for up to 4 admissions, so the four of us got in for $109 after tax. We had fun, but I would not go back.

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Pretty Good, the kids loved it”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We went as a group of 11 people. The kids (ages ranging from 9-14) had a blast. We got there from opening to closing. It was really fun, there were long lines, but I was not surprised with it being the week of a holiday. But if you didn't wanna wait in a line you could just do the lazy river, wave pool, or rapid racer (it rarely every had more than a 5 minute wait). We stayed all day so I truly feel that we got our moneys worth. The staff was friendly and helpful, the equipment was decently maintained. The lifeguards were very cautious and watchful, as a mom that was very reassuring.

My complaints:

My friend recently had surgery and was just sitting in the cabana, she had to pay full price. That's bad customer service.

The bathrooms are all on one end of the park. As are snacks!

We paid $85 for a cabana. I think that if you pay admission for all those people AND rent a $85 cabana that you should be allowed to bring your own food and drinks.

The food was decently priced for a watermark, but drinks were not. People can DEHYDRATE!!! At least offer water for $1 a bottle. Its a safety thing, its not like they can drink pool water.. and just cause they are swimming does not mean they are hydrated!!!!!!!

Overall.. a wonderful fun day for my kids and myself.

Belle Chasse,LA
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Kids love it, easily tolerated by parents.”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Get there early is you want a free chair under a tent . We arrived about 10 minutes before opening and we able to get one. Once we established the "base camp" and the rules, DON'T LEAVE THE PARK and we'll be in the Lazy River if you need us, we set the kiddos free. It's such a small park with 5 slides, a wave pool and a lazy river. There's a splash pool and small slide for younger children too. We kept running into the kiddos and could easily find them in the slide lines.

The website says no outside food or drink. We were told once we got there that 1 bottle of water is allowed per person. Kiddos had fun all day. If you go twice a season, it pays to get a season pass!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank brenhanna
Plantation, Florida
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Tons of fun!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

The water park was really fun! The service was great, and the food was to, but the lines were extremely long!

Visited June 2014