“Average waterpark”

Gulf Islands Water Park
Ranked #8 of 38 things to do in Gulfport
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Slides were great until the Horn Island Blaster stopped working & had to be shut down. Went on a Saturday & was super crowded. People were elbow to elbow in the wave pool. I guess since it was a Saturday--what do you expect. Would have enjoyed more if not so crowded. Got tickets at a discount through my work. Would definitely not go back and pay full price for tickets.

1  Thank Cindy M
in 13 reviews
"blast"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The park was kind of average. Not bad. The kids enjoyed but it could have had a few more things to do. But it was smaller compared to other parks we have been to.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Pretty expensive for an average water park. Probably wouldn't return unless we had a season pass to make it worthwhile.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

When buying tickets to get into the park, they young lady at the desk asked how old where my kids, I told her 2. She then whispers something to the young man and to another lady. The lady then tells me sorry mam, but your daughter does not look 2 and you would have to pay full price. I told her that they are twins and how could that be possible. To keep down confusion and not to disappoint the kids I just paid for her. Once we went in, they had very limited stuff for them to do. We basically spent most of the trip in the lazy river. There where 2 slides that were available for them. I wasted 21 dollars just for them to float a couple hours. Waterpark only had 3 big slides. Will not be returning

2  Thank shameeka56
See more reviews
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have been going to Gulf Islands Water Park a couple of times each summer for the last three years. This is a small water park and does have nice features, however certain things are not maintained well and it baffles me. The steps to go up to the waterslides are badly rusting and corroded that it is not acceptable. Not just small amounts of rust I mean patches the size of a large pizza covering the poles and steps. Certainly maintenance and some paint would help this problem and in my opinion should be done on a regular basis. The slides are badly faded, again they need to be painted so the red slide is no longer pink and the green slide is not mint green etc. The pathways are covered in small piles of dried grass clipping which ultimatley end up in the pool. Why is this not picked up after mowing. The lazy river and pool have so much grass and dirt in them it is gross. I had hoped to return this year and see some improvements, but instead it has gotten worse. For the cost of a ticket I just expect much more. That was our last trip to this water park.

2  Thank Kelly5182