“Excellent Pizza and Sandwiches”

Tony's Brick Oven Pizzeria
Ranked #2 of 254 Restaurants in Gulfport
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: pizza/Italian restaurant
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We ate here for both lunch one day and dinner another. The sandwiches and pizza were excellent. Highly recommend this spot. Great local beer selection as well.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is the second time we ate at Tony's, and it was just as good as the first. IMO, Tony is known for the very basic -- but EXCELLENT tasting -- Pepperoni pizza. We ate these both times, plus added a second pizza, italian sausage, on the second visit. It was also quite good.

Pizzas are ONE sized! Three of us at almost 90% of two pizzas. But realize that the Pepperoni pizza was only $7.95! I have a few friends that would eat the entire pizza on their own, but two of us easily shared one and left happy on the first visit.

Service is fast, and the pizza was delivered accurately. The second trip I heard a person complaining at a table next to me about an appetizer, and the owner (perhaps? or manager) was very concerned to have a complaint, and literally begged the customer to let him recook the appetizer and bring it out. The customer agreed, and then went out of his way to tell just how good the re-made item was! I thought that was impressive.

It is a true casual, family-casual restaurant ... but no-one cares as students from the local high school were in prom attire having dinner next to us! It is a nice place.

I have not tried anything on the menu except the two pizzas mentioned ... but based on what I saw around me, all of the food looked good.

Another good "SUGGEST" if you are going to be in Gulfport. BTW, Tony's is in the OLD part of Gulfport, more toward the beach, away from the interstate.

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Long overdue return visit but worth the trip in dense fog along coast highway. Two pizzas were especially delicious including gulf shrimp and another with pesto. Decent beer selection with friendly and efficient service. Mangia.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

The atmosphere of this joint was really cool. I could watch the kitchen guys tossing the raw dough to shape it and then slid it into the brick oven. When the waitress brought it to the table it was fresh and hot and very good. I will go back my next trip to Gulfport.

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Yum! We went for lunch on a weekday & it was busy. Service was prompt & attentive. The bread that accompanied the small salads was delicious & the gumbo pizza was outstanding. Wish we lived nearer so we could try more dishes on the menu.