“Nice Hotel - Terrible Customer Service from Beth” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Gulfport Extended Stay Hotel

You added Gulfport Extended Stay Hotel to your Saves list
Gulfport Extended Stay Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9145 Highway 49, Gulfport, MS 39503 (Formerly Sun Suites Gulfport Airport)   |
Special Offer
Low Weekly Rates
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
USA
“Nice Hotel - Terrible Customer Service from Beth”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Good Day, I am in the US Army. I had to overnight in Gulfport, MS due to weather. I enjoyed staying at the hotel and nice facility. However, I did not obtain a receipt and called the reception desk where I encounter BETH with the worst hospitality/customer service. When I asked to recieve my receipt via email and she sternly relpied there is nothing that she can do to assist me. When I asked for a supervisor or manager she stated that there is no one above her. I aked her for an employee number and she stated she do not have one and hanged the phone up in my ear. When I called her back, she stated that I threatened her. I said BETH I am on speaker phone with two other co-workers. She replied I don't care whoses on the phone with you.

Disgruntle Hotel Guest
(Military Soldier)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank SOLDIER2013

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Where do I begin, we arrived and we were told that the wifi was down but hopefully it would be back up before the end of the day. Come to find out, it had been down for at least a week. We unpacked and freshened the room up by wiping down the microwave, spraying airfreshener, and cleaning the shower for peace of mind. The room appeared to be cool, we checked the beds for anything that may have prevented us from sleeping in them. We left to start seeing places, only to comeback around 1 am to discover the room was hot. We called the front desk to be told we could move our things to another room. We were renting a double. I went to get the keys to move our things into the other room, to discover it was a king, why would we want one bed? Having to go down stairs, again to inform the clerk that there was another double right next to the king. He gave me the keys to that one, so we go through the routine of cleaning and checking. The refridgerator had an open can of beer inside, the room smelled of smoke, the tv's picture was extremely fuzzy and the freezer carrier a humm. But it was 2 am by this time, and the air was cool so we made due! We were informed that we could be fully refunded if we checked out or refunded 15% for the inconvenience if we decided to stay! Due to the weekend and other rooms availability we decided to continue our stay there. On our way to see some of the sites I received a call stating that the 1st rooms air was working at the time and we could go back to that room so proper repairs could be made to the 2nd room. We ended up checking out the very next day due to the craziness. I would not stay again, although the staff was fairly nice, the manager probably needs to undergo training again.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank monetatferry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

No wifi, even though they say they have it..have to bring your dirty towels to office and get clean ones everyday..Ice machine is broken..the service can be improved for their guest..they are clean, and the rate is good...but you do get what u pay for with this one...

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Mommatraveler1981
Denham Springs, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I have been to the sun suites on more than one trip to Gulfport. It was a great time one trip and not so great on others. That said, you get what you pay for. It's cheap, there is a full kitchen with a full size fridge, a microwave,(if you get a room with one that works.) and a big laundry room by the office. Also bring your own pillow theirs suck. Staff was always as helpful as they could be.

Room Tip: test A/C and microwave as soon as you get in the room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel is horrible, the Manager is never in to talk to about room conditions, and the so called supervisor is a mess, no respect, has a very nasty mouth,and when did it become okay to have a child running the place because that is exactly what she is a child!!! I came down and asked for towels she told me it would be a few hours, the room smelled like smoke and it was suppose to be no smoking, I over heard other guest talk about roaches and bed bugs. The Manager finally came to work and she is no better than her supervisor, I think her name was Melody because I got a card from the office and the supervisor was Hailey. Horrible service for the faces of the company when you have front desk clerks that are more professional than management thanks to the two black women that work at night you helped the hotel a lot! This is for who ever is over the company you should get new office Managers for this property as soon as possible, not wrote up but fired and replace as soon as possible because I run a very smooth business and if any of my employees acted out like these suppose to be Managers they would be looking for jobs somewhere else!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: As long as these two girls are over the place, check in at another hotel!!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
SunSuitesGulfport, Manager at Gulfport Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Guest, We are so sorry you had an unusual experience. We pride ourselves in operating our hotels in an professional manner. We operate over 40 hotels in the southeast. All of our hotels have Full Kitchens, wireless internet, guest laundry and we strive to always be clean and friendly.

Management.

Travelers are raving about these Gulfport hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I am currently staying at this location. I travel for work and stay at Sun Suites whenever possible! The staff here is amazing and the rooms are very clean! I love how everything is included in the price even pots and pans!! My GPS decided to break on me and when I ask the girls at the desk to look up directions for me they do it with a smile!! You definitely will not regret staying here!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
SunSuitesGulfport, General Manager at Gulfport Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is encouraging to know that you are enjoying your stay and I will be sure our entire staff sees your review! Sounds like you enjoy our Full Kitchens that we have in every room.We look forward to making the rest of your stay enjoyable. Thank you for letting us accommodate you with your lodging needs!

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Every room Smelled Smoky, misty even after changing 2 rooms. Dead insects, and some crawling under the sink with leaky water. Mold/mildew in the ceiling with water stain. Coffee pot without the coffee, and no utensils to be found except for 2 forks, one bowl and few plates. Mattress needs attention, because their springs gave up, and towels as if some one neatly wrapped cleaning rags. I doubt about the refrigerator was working to maximum cooling capacity, and microwave had burned spots, People were hanging out all night long with some pro women and not a place I would recommend at any cost.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Abdul M
SunSuitesGulfport, General Manager at Gulfport Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so sorry we did not meet your expectation. We pride ourselves in always being clean and friendly. All of our rooms have full kitchens, full size refrigerator, microwave and two eye stove top. We have all you need to cook with. Free wireless in every room and 24 hour laundry facility.