“THE BEST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Crystal Inn Sportsplex

Comfort Inn & Suites Crystal Inn Sportsplex
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
“THE BEST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

For the 1st time I visited Gulfport, MS. We did not previously book a hotel, but I had looked at various hotels on the internet, so I was familiar with some hotels in the area. We pulled up at the hotel at 9:10 p.m. and was in our rooms by 9:30 p.m. The staff was extremely friendly and polie, especially Amanda and Brianna...they were the best. The atmosphere was as if I was at home....the beds are so comfortable, they were the best I've ever slept in. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family and hope when I go to another state, I can find a Magnolia Bay Hotel & Suites there too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I would like to start off by saying this is an excellent hotel. It should be considered no less than a four star hotel. The breakfast is a full hot buffet! They have an indoor pool and hot tub. They even have a weight room! It does not get any better than that. I would also like to note that the staff is wonderful! I have had the opportunity to stay at this hotel on many occasions and have gotten to know all the ladies at the front desk and they would do anything to make me feel welcome, this is why I always return. The rooms are clean and huge! I would just like to say thanks to all the staff for all their hard work.Thanks specially to Sandy,Amanda,& Shonda! Keep up the good job at Magnolia Bay and I will see you guys on the next trip.

Room Tip: I like room 310.I get this room every time.It is a King room and i love being on the third floor!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Gulfport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

The staff at Magnolia Bay are promt, courteous, and professional. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The pool was refreshing and the location to local shops and the beach is great. I will recommend this hotel to all of my family and friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pass Christian, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I live here on the coast and I decided that I wanted to do a "mini" getaway for the night. The room was spacious and cozy. The staff bent over backwards for me and my finance to make sure we were comfortable!! The pool is awesome and is open 24/7, it features a hot tub and is in doors. Magnolia Bay is the best place to stay and when I need a get way I will be coming back no doubt! I recommend this wonderful hotel to anyone who is coming to the coast whether it would be for business, leisure, or a family vacation!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the king suite and those rooms are just awesome!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kdn138
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

The staff was great. My wife noticed some things while eating our free breakfast. They ran out of forks, and she had to ask for other things also. The room was great, though the remote control didn't work. They let us stay an hour after check out, which helped us out alot. I asked the three hotel workers for their names, in order to point out how good of a job they did--Amanda, Brianna and Danyelle.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Edwin E
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I hosted my family reunion here recently. Awesome staff. Breakfast was good everyday. Rooms were very clean. A/C worked perfectly. In-room appliances were in very good condition. Had no complaints about anything. The staff bent over backwards to take care of my family. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SNicole914
Meridian, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Ok…I’ll give Magnolia Bay Hotel a “B” for effort. This is about a $60 per night room that cost $125. They have made an effort to upgrade the furnishings but they are already looking worn and torn and if they don’t step up their maintenance, in a year it will look like Hades! This property is about 20 miles away from the center of casino action along the Biloxi sea shore. Being this far out it’s hard to justify the elevated room rate. Of course it’s also impossible to justify the $300 per night rate that some of the third rate casinos Hotels are asking for a Saturday night stay! But I guess it’s a “charge what the market will bear” situation, and apparently the weekend warrior gamblers are willing to pay outrageous room rates for the unique privilege of losing money in their casino…;-) So…paying Magnolia Bay exorbitant $125 rate is only a minor rip off in an area that specializes in major rip offs…

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple