“"A great disappointment"”

Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“"A great disappointment"”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My husband and I tried to sneak away for a quiet peaceful weekend. We chose Crystal Inn. We stayed there years ago. Upon arriving, the hotel was under renovation. When we entered our room, a CHEAP motel is what we entered. The room smelled of smoke, when I went to sit on the sofa, I sunk into it. We were told there were no other rooms available. A soccer team, a dance team and military personnel were on site also. Our room room was across from the elevator. We heard noise all night. Saturday evening the soccer team had a barbeque in the parking lot- more noise. I thought we had gotten a great deal at eighty dollars a night-NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!! NO ROOM SERVICE.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Franklin, Kentucky
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Traveled to Gulfport and a found the Crystal Inn to a clean reasonably priced place to stay. Breakfast was so much more than your average motel fare. Would recommend to anyone. The Mississippi Gulf Coast is welcoming and ready for visitors.
While the road into the motel needs some work, the in room microwave and refrigerator were very nice. The rooms are larger than average.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Snapgirl
Chicago
Reviewed February 26, 2011

The driveway off the main road was dark/elusive. But, the staging area was roomy and well lit. I don't usually stay at "budget" hotels, but this was a "budget" trip, and I was making sacrifices ( I thought). Though areas (carpeting) were threadbare and worn, the room was clean (most important) and the bed comfortable. There were many ammenities usually offered by more expensive venues (shampoo etc). The breakfast was excellent!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank copher
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed January 29, 2011

This hotel is erroneously listed as pet friendly on several websites. THIS IS NOT TRUE. Imagine my surprise after arriving after a long drive and told quite rudely by the staff pets are not allowed. They did let me stay with a stiff fee, after I pointed out the reservation was made several days ago with the pets declared, and no one bothered to call me to let me know my pets were a problem. They did their best to make us feel unwelcome and they certainly succeeded.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank KYVisitor40165

Travelers are raving about these Gulfport hotels

Tennessee
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Upon entering the lobby to check in, the first thing that I noticed was the overwhelming smell of mildew. The room fortunately did not smell like mildew and upon first glance, appeared clean. Was I surprised when I turned back the sheets on the bed! The sheets apparently not had been changed because they were very wrinkled as if someone had just crawled out of them. I also found black hair just below the pillows. I did not feel comfortable enough to sleep on them and was thankful that I had brought my own pillow and an extra blanket which I slept on top of .The bathroom sink was clogged and water slowly tricked out of the sink. The breakfast bar was OK, but not the greatest. I will have to give credit to the hotel staff who were friendly and courteous upon check-in. This appears to be an older hotel in which they have tried to update but it needs help both in housekeeping and in maintenance.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SnoopDog21
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Reception was excellent and quick, room was clean and very spacious compared to other motels, breakfast buffet was wonderful with numerous selections (not just a waffle machine). Nice pool and outdoor area (even a grill). Very convenient to both the Interstate and Gulfport.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
PEARL RIVER
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I was concerned after reading reviews, but pleasantly surprised by the hotel. The room is spacious, clean and appears freshly painted. Looks like new carpet. No odor in non smoking room. This is an older hotel but appears to have been recently redone. Bathroom fixtures a mix of old and new but all functional and clean. Breakfast bar a little sparse but like the "make your own omlette" feature. Wish there had been more to add to the omlette!

• Stayed August 2010