“Great food is always a priority here.”
Review of Lookout Steakhouse - CLOSED

Lookout Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The after Katrina renovation of the Gulfport Historical District is an architectural gem. This restaurant is located in one of its beautiful old buildings, a prior bank, and the inside is the typical modern conversion: exposed bricks, high ceilings, large windows, smart decor and stylist tableware. The atmosphere is relaxed, spiffy, casual. The menu is extensive (beef/seafood) and interesting. As newcomers, we ordered the Cajun Pasta Supreme w/salad. Good food, great value, but what makes this place outstanding is the dedicated attention to detail - delicious hot bread, piping hot steak fries right from the fryer, a small salad with impeccable presentation with tomato relish and smoked Gouda to boot... Grand. And the service - a courteous, professional young waiter who anticipated our desires (good staff has this ability) and fulfilled them effective and expeditiously. Truly endearing. Places like this make our escapades from New Orleans to the Gulf beaches a true joy. Of course, we'll return
Gulfport
“Great food is always a priority here.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went to Lookout Steakhouse on a recent Saturday night. It was a gathering of friends. We got there early (around 6:30 P. M.). The food was some of the best I have ever taste. My friends agreed. The fried green tomatoes supreme were supreme. I could have taken some pasta and mixed with the fried green tomatoes and made a meal. But the catfish filets which I had as my entree would have been greatly missed. I would have given it a five, but the service was not as attentive as it should have been. The owner of this place owns two others in this area which specialize in different types of foods. The one major thing all three have in common is great food is always a priority here.

• Visited April 2013

Belleville, Illinois
“Cuisine: American, but...”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

...these folks know New Orleans Creole at its best. I grew up in New Orleans (well, Metairie; but that's "next door").

Nauseous at the thought of crawfish? (That's how we spell and pronounce 'em down here; AKA "mudbugs".) Try 'em here and sing--even shout-- their praises. So rich that you'll gain 25 pounds from an 8-ounce serving.

There are few dishes that I wouldn't choose over others, but that's purely a personal preference. These folks are wizards!

P.S.: I last visited in '10, not '12 ( the least recent date listed); but I'd be there today if I hadn't moved back to the St. Louis Metro East area.

• Visited May 2012
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Great as always!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We received fast service and courtesy. They have the best grilled fish in town as well as the steaks. We usually do lunch there or at one of their other establishments for the last several years. A+ from us.

mississippi
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The restaurant was not busy since we went early in between lunch and dinner. We were seated by someone who was on the phone doing personal business tacky, even though we did not wait we were never offered a drink menu and promptly ask for our drink menu. We were given the lunch menu which has no steaks on it which is kind of odd for it to be a steak house, so I ask for a dinner menu which had to be shared by five people. We then ordered appetizers and they were ok nothing special we had ordered shrimp and grits and their loaded fries back bays shrimp and grits are much better. We then ordered our main dinner which didn't take that long. Burgers,steaks,and fish this is were it got bad I had ordered their filet mariner with crab meat and garlic sauce although it was cooked perfectly it tasted like liver. It was gross after finally waiting for the waiter to address us he would only seem to ask my 16 & 15 year old boys if everything was ok. He finally took it off our bill and did give us a chocolate bomb but my birthday dinner was not good. Will not be back.

• Visited March 2013
Dallas, Texas
“The Lookout”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The restaurant is in a "re-purposed" building that has high ceilings and exposed brick. Very charming. The wait staff was very attentive. I had a crab cake salad that was delicious. The crab cake was generous and the choice of interesting salad dressings was good. We split the chocolate bomb. It was small and had a little too much whipped cream but the rich flavor was amazing and I would order it again but ask for the whipped cream on the side so you can use as much or as little on the delicious fudge as you want. All in all, it was a nice place and a great change from all of the chain restaurants in Gulfport!

• Visited March 2013