“great place to eat”
Review of Lookout Steakhouse - CLOSED

Lookout Steakhouse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The after Katrina renovation of the Gulfport Historical District is an architectural gem. This restaurant is located in one of its beautiful old buildings, a prior bank, and the inside is the typical modern conversion: exposed bricks, high ceilings, large windows, smart decor and stylist tableware. The atmosphere is relaxed, spiffy, casual. The menu is extensive (beef/seafood) and interesting. As newcomers, we ordered the Cajun Pasta Supreme w/salad. Good food, great value, but what makes this place outstanding is the dedicated attention to detail - delicious hot bread, piping hot steak fries right from the fryer, a small salad with impeccable presentation with tomato relish and smoked Gouda to boot... Grand. And the service - a courteous, professional young waiter who anticipated our desires (good staff has this ability) and fulfilled them effective and expeditiously. Truly endearing. Places like this make our escapades from New Orleans to the Gulf beaches a true joy. Of course, we'll return
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 9, 2013

my boyfriend and i decided to eat here for a date nite and it was great. the customer service was great as well. even after finding out we came in a little after closing, our server still treated us nice. try the cajun pasta supreme, its deeeeelicious!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We decided to try this resturant out because it was highly recommended by friends. We went on valentines day and the service was wonderful our waiter was helpful with explaining the menu. I really enjoyed the apps and the salad I ordered the shrimp and grits and sadly didn't really like it but thats just a personal prefrence I think they tried to make it too fancy and was just an overkill but thats my opinion. The resturant is really clean and has a beautiful ambiance. Overall we where very satisfied with the service and meal and we will be back!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Although my drink was quite tasty the Zulu, after our drinks were ordered and brought out everything went down hill! Very disappointed! After we ordered appetizers that came out in a timely matter. But from there it took forever to get our salads. They the main courses came out some of the guest at the table just had sandwiches and French fries, because the back of the house had some issues they just sent out sweet potato fries of regular fries. Then some of the dinners had baked potatoes, they served those meals and told them that the potatoes would be out shortly. I had a hamburger steak with mash potatoes and gravy with veggies. Ordered med rare, well it was over cooked, the potatoes and gravy could have been used to plaster the walls with, and every thing was very cold. Oh, but it gets better, the manager did come over and apologized he offered dessert on the house, so hear the water comes with 3 desserts and yes 10 spoons, What! Although the folks at the table were friendly and my friends, I personally did not want to share my germs or there's, what would Robert Irvine say about that?

1  Thank Bobbie G
Reviewed February 7, 2013

visited this restaurant tonight along with 9 other guest.........cannot believe the experience.....waiter was good, we ordered appetizers and drinks..then our food..everything is normal up to that point... along while later our salad was brought to us..still okay, then a long while later our waiter brought out our meat , cold....no baked potato said they would be out in a few......a long while later, after we had finished the cold meat... he brings out the hot baked potato....we expressed our dislike and the manager came out and apologized.....he said he would make up for it by giving us desserts or after dinner drinks....we chose deserts........he brings out three desserts for 10 guest along with 10 spoons for us to share the three desserts......I cannot believe this....totally unacceptable...who shares food that way......WILL NEVER BE BACK

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Found this jewel thanks to a local casino. A featured restaurant with a discount coupon!
My wife & I have not been overly impressed with the restaurants in this area since the Katrina hurricane. This may be the find we were looking for! We visited mid-week, early afternoon.
Pros:
Ambitious menu without the pretentious prices.
Food was well prepared as we ordered, medium rare duck breast, medium rare prime rib sandwich for my wife..
Our waitress alllowed us time to make our selections without pressure and was attentive but not intrusive during the meal.
Ambiance is very nice in a casual atmosphere.
Food was very tasty and we would return when in the area.
Cons:
If you look up, you may see dust on the lines of the warming lights over the presentation area from the kitchen-please fix this- we want to love this place!