“BEST FOOD I'VE EVER HAD!”
Review of Lookout Steakhouse - CLOSED

Lookout Steakhouse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The after Katrina renovation of the Gulfport Historical District is an architectural gem. This restaurant is located in one of its beautiful old buildings, a prior bank, and the inside is the typical modern conversion: exposed bricks, high ceilings, large windows, smart decor and stylist tableware. The atmosphere is relaxed, spiffy, casual. The menu is extensive (beef/seafood) and interesting. As newcomers, we ordered the Cajun Pasta Supreme w/salad. Good food, great value, but what makes this place outstanding is the dedicated attention to detail - delicious hot bread, piping hot steak fries right from the fryer, a small salad with impeccable presentation with tomato relish and smoked Gouda to boot... Grand. And the service - a courteous, professional young waiter who anticipated our desires (good staff has this ability) and fulfilled them effective and expeditiously. Truly endearing. Places like this make our escapades from New Orleans to the Gulf beaches a true joy. Of course, we'll return
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We were driving around Gulfport looking for a place for a late lunch before flying out. We saw this restaurant on the corner and decided to give it a try. The service was excellent and the server recommended a few of their specialities. The food was the BEST I've ever eaten I do believe. The chef freshly prepares everything, and with the finest ingredients. I had the catfish with the shrimp and sausage cream sauce over rice with sauteed squash. It was absolutely delicious! I would recommend this to anyone traveling, or even locals who haven't tried it! The prices are VERY reasonable, like $10.95 for what I ate. The portions are huge. You won't be disappointed!!!! Highly recommend and would love to return there.

1  Thank Lynn i

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stopped here on a vist to see family along the coast. We had great food and our waiter was very attentive. The atmosphere is large open air high ceiling might make for a noisy space, but did not experience that. The menu was very diverse alowing all five in our party to find something to enjoy.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I went to this restaurant last night and ordered a Koby Beef Hamburger. I ordered it medium rare. It came dark brown inside. the waitress was nice and asked if it was good. I told her it was not medium rare and she took it back. The next one was also brown. After three bites, I realized it was old meat. My other two friends tried it and agreed. Today, I told several friends and three of them said they had the same experience and won't go back. Today, my stomach has been very upset.
I will never go back. I can't trust the food quality.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

What can ya say about food done right. Along with GREAT service, in pleasant surroundings. Not only do the offer the usual coastal fare ...but some unusual ones as well. I had the duck breast salad. It was yummy !! The vinegarette dressing was some of the best i've had. It all came together....food....service....atmosphere...to make lunch very enjoyable.

1  Thank Iowaboy491
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I will echo all the praises from the other reviews and won't waste time repeating them. Had supper there on a Sat night. Clientele was interesting...young & old, casual & gussied up...but all happy as they could be. Us included. When you reflect on a dinner out, and feel like you experienced something instead of just had a meal, its special. Can't wait to go back!

2  Thank jsa2308