“Great Time at Big Mikes”

Big Mike's Speak Easy
Ranked #60 of 253 Restaurants in Gulfport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Time at Big Mikes”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had a great experience at this fun restaurant/bar! The staff and food were outstanding. The chef
( Pokie) came out with "extras" for us to try like the freshly made and pleasantly spiced potato chips and a new dumplin' dish he was adding to the menu.
I had "royal red" shrimp (a first for me) and they were sooo delicious! Very plump and sweet and Indigenous to that area. I wish I lived closer as this would be "my bar"!
Beverly from Las Vegas

• Visited April 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
“Outstanding food and staff; wine selection OK”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

"Tommy gun" was invented by by the chef and can't be missed. Bread pudding is best I ever had! Ellen was our server, was exceptional. Restaurant is only a block off the beach, but in another world!

Newport Beach, California
“Mississippi Must”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stopped in for lunch and had a delicious BBQ meal. I ordered Ellen's peach tea (homemade sweet tea, vodka and peach schnapps), barbeque pork tenderloin, smothered in sauce, on a baguette, served with "crackaroni" - delicious. The tempura chicken fingers with poke sauce are also a MUST! Ellen and her friends are very hospitable and we ended up going back for cocktails. Had a great time...everyone should stop in while in Gulfport.

Visited March 2013
Culloden, wv
“Nothing to talk about.”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I were in town for a few days and decided to try this place. The restaurant was really dark. The selection of items on the menu was limited. I ordered the burger, my friends ordered the shrimp and pasta, BBQ sandwich, and a small steak. The service was good and friendly. The food was ok. But, with all the other places I could have selected, and there are dozens, I think Mike is going to have to step it up a notch in the food area.

Gulfport, Mississippi
“Great Bar for a drink but I didn't care for the food.”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I love going to the Speakeasy for a relaxing night of drinks on the balcony. The food during a lunch though wasn't quite what I cared for though. They seemed to really be big on the "heart attack" cuisine as they clearly state and with all the fat I'm sure I intook..there wasn't enough flavor for me.

Visited April 2012