“Good Food”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 13, 2012

While we were in the Gulfport/Biloxi area, the original The Shed in Ocean Springs burned down, so we went to their Gulfport location. It's a pretty long drive from the beach area. Four of us ordered the jumbo sampler platter; it contained pork, brisket, chicken, sausage, ribs and 3 sides. All of the meats were good. I wasn't too fond of the chicken, but very much liked the sausage and the brisket. The sides were pretty small for such a large meat platter. Slaw was good, mac salad was more like an onion salad, beans were tasty. We picked up an extra side of mac and cheese, which we liked. For lunch for four, that was plenty. Food is all served in styro containers, ambiance is very casual. Place your order at the corner and they call out your name when ready. Darn quick service for as busy as it was that day. Beer only, no bar service.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

If you are used to real BBQ you will be disapointed. Grrat atomoshere, fun place to watch a band thoigh. Beer selection is good. Food average at best.

1  Thank GCTiger
Reviewed February 13, 2012

i always feel like i need to disinfect when i go in there...but the food is great!

Reviewed January 21, 2012

We went to The Shed in Ocean Springs before they had multiple locations back in 2004 and 2005 when we used to live on the Gulf Coast. I am originally from Kansas City so I know my barbeque - and I missed having a BBQ place on the coast. We enjoyed it back then so when we went to visit our daughter who still lives on the coast we tried The Shed again but this time at their Gulfport location. It looked similar in decor to their original location but there was only one other group in the restaurant when we arrived. That should have told us something All of us got pulled pork sandwiches. The sides chosen were slaw and mac and cheese, The sandwich was okay but not as juicy as before and I had to use lots of sauce to get the flavor I was after. The sides were very small in portion size - about like a scoop of ice cream so we were disappointed. I am happy I have Ridgewood BBQ in Tennessee close to where I live now so I can get my BBQ fix.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

We had a late lunch there today. First time at this location but have been numerson times to their Ocean Springs location.

The food is excellent ... great service to. The atmosphere is as a old speakeasy that plays blues. Live music on the weekend. This is the kind of place you dress in jeans and slippers and a place to let your hair down. Probably lots of fun on the weekends with live blues music.