“BACCHUS DID NOT DISSAPOINT”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bacchus Food and Drink - CLOSED

Bacchus Food and Drink
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Bacchus Food and Drink is the original Cajun Steakhouse. Come be amazed by our food and atmosphere. Our menu ranges from our Bacchus Cajun Rubbed Steaks to Poboys and much more. Our full service bar includes drinks from any type of beer you can imagine to cosmopolitans and even our homemade Bacchus Brew. We are the perfect destination for business functions and birthday with our two private rooms overlooking the restaurant.
Waveland, Mississippi
“BACCHUS DID NOT DISSAPOINT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had the opportunity to dine at Bacchus on a Saturday afternoon, around 5. We arrived and there were many available tables although they began to fill up very fast afterwards. Our server was very attentive and got our glasses of wine to the table quickly. The menu is not huge as is in some places and I really like that when a restaurant does fewer items but does them very well. I had the shrimp scampi which was delicious. The portion was huge. It came with a caesar salad which I enjoyed while waiting for the entrée. The salad was perfectly made and was exactly the taste I expected (some places just don't do justice to a good Caesar) . My friend ordered a filet mignon, medium. It was done just as ordered and had a good sear on the outside but still very tender and juicy on the inside. That entrée came with a salad and a side dish. When our salads were served we were treated to the house bread which was covered in grated parm . Wonderful! So , 2 entrees and 3 glasses of wine later, our total bill was $65. which I thought was very reasonable for the quality and quantity of food we received. We wanted the banana's foster but by then the restaurant was absolutely full and the owner actually came to our table and apologized that the kitchen was just too slammed to take a chef away to make the foster so she gave us (on the house) a bread pudding instead. We totally understood and she was very apologetic. It was nice of her to offer this to us and it was so delicious. It is served with a rum sauce that is so good. The atmosphere reminded me of New Orleans . It was overall a great meal in a relaxed place. I highly recommend and I plan to return in the future. I want to try some of their other dishes. 2 very enthusiastic thumbs up !!!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Pat K

Carthage, Texas
“Great dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Went to Bacchus for dinner while we were in Gulfport on our way to Flordia for vacation. To our surprise, the special that night was pork chops for $10.00. These are not tiny pork chops, they are big and thick, and oh sooo good! For starters we had the spring rolls...they were yummy as well. Thanks Bacchus for a great dinner...one of the best I've had!

1 Thank EDunn622
Stephens City, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Number 1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

The food is AMAZING I had the pork chop, staff was very friendly and I love the new patio and the new owners!!

1 Thank Vikesgrl
Gulfport, Mississippi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bring the hunger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Just got home from one of the best meals ever! The fried shrimp & oysters were outstanding, recommend the cajun poppers for starters, then anything on menu. You wont leave unsatisfied. Very large portions. Marshell, best waiter you could ask for!

1 Thank barbie322
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Not the speediest service, so be careful about popping in on your lunch hour.
Food is excellent, and hearty. Portions are VERY fair.

Visited June 2013