“Whole deal at the Half Shell”

Half Shell Oyster House
Ranked #1 of 254 Restaurants in Gulfport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Eccentric upscale oyster bar, one with class. Reasonable prices and a ton of choices. Would go back and even have the same items.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,027)

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I can see why this place is ranked so high. Went on a Wednesday night and found seating easy at the bar. My waitress Janet was great. I tried the fried green tomatoes topped with crab cakes first. Delicious! Finished up with the chargrilled oyster sampler. Comes with three of each style for a total of 12. Rockefeller,Bienville,Orleans and just buttered. The Bienville were my favorite. I sampled my buddies voodoo and royal red shrimp and they were fabulous too. I recommend trying this place.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great service, tends to be pretty busy as the good food is no secret with the locals as well as those coming to the Gulf coast for a vacation. We were told 30 min wait for a table and got one in half the time. Food is well prepared and prices are on par for the area.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

The service and food was great. Because of our party of eight we had to wait 10 to 15 minutes to get a table. The service was great. We were never rushed. The seafood was well prepared and very good. We will return.

1  Thank travelingr0se
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My daughter and I had dinner at this restaurant and really enjoyed the food. The atmosphere was a bit loud due to a large party next to us but it was a Saturday night so to be expected. We started out with Crab Claws (sauteed instead of fried). Though they were good, I wish we would have gotten the old fashioned fried ones.. The caesar salad was good and for an entree my daughter ordered the seafood pasta which she said was okay but I ordered the Filet with crabcake and lump crab meat on the filet. It was awesome! The other side I had was cheese grits. Could not eat all of those but didn't leave a bite of the filet with crab meat and crab cake. It was a great size portion for me - a 6 oz steak and a small crab cake. The service was very good as well. We ordered a bottle of wine and the server came back and refilled our wine for us throughout the entire time. I would highly recommend this place. Since my daughter lives in New Orleans she has lots of choices for seafood pasta so she said she would have chosen my meal instead next time.