“Fabulous! Dinner in Gulfport, MS”
Review of The Chimneys

The Chimneys
Ranked #7 of 253 Restaurants in Gulfport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Recently re-opened, destroyed in Hurricane Katrina. Fine Dining.
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Fabulous! Dinner in Gulfport, MS”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The Chimneys is a favorite in Gulfport, MS. Great ambience, wonderful service and delicious food. The calamari and crab claws appetizers are both excellent. Had the stuffed flounder - totally delicious - Trout 1640 - the house specialty - incredible dish!!! and the Special MahiMahi, was superb! I have been going to The Chimneys through all their locations, before and after Katrina, and their food is always excellent! You won't be disappointed. If you are on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, "The Chimneys" is a must for a delicious seafood lunch or dinner. And before you leave, take a photo in front of the Fireplace!

Houston, Texas
“Our special is a roach on the wall”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

So I went to the "best place in gulfport" how sad. While I was eating my salad I looked over and I had guest a ROCAH on the wall. I went to the hostess and she came over looked at it and I had to kill it. The manager NEVER came over however told the server to offer a free desert. I don't eat sweets. I was very descret about the event next I will YELL. The manager should have come to my table to say something. I would not recommend this place to anyone and to top it off the food was not good. Service was great food and pest control not so much..

2 Thank John M
Central Louisiana
“Great meal and excellent service!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Dined here for late lunch while in town for bike rally and had a great dining experience here. Appetizers were very good and main course was delicious. Definitely worthy of stopping by here for a delectable delight.

Ohio
“Eating in a Plantation”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Fabulous rebuilt mansion with great porch offering views of beautiful grounds and gulf. Great service and best food in this area! Loved the shrimp/corn chowder and warm bread. Gulf shrimp pasta with a creole cream sauce was excellent. Other dishes tried were trout, crab cakes and a cheese covered crab dish, all reported as very delicious. The menu was a great variety of both varied selections and fair pricing, Our family went there for a meeting of families for my son's wedding. Great ambiance with dimmed lights, beautiful furnishings and romantic setting. Will definitely go again as will my son who lives in the area!

• Visited September 2013
Jackson, Mississippi
“Great food on the Mississippi Gulf Coast”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love this restaurant . The ambiance... The service... And the delicious menu is worth the trip. A locally owned family restaurant that will offer you a wonderful dining experience. If you like fish or like a variety of dishes you will love this place and will want to return again.

• Visited July 2013