“Great Surprise!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Chimneys

The Chimneys
Ranked #9 of 253 Restaurants in Gulfport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Recently re-opened, destroyed in Hurricane Katrina. Fine Dining.
McAllen, Texas
“Great Surprise!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

6/19/2013 - We were staying at the Courtyards next door and ask for a good restaurant. The desk clerk suggested the Italian Restaurant next door. We decided to walk after I checked out the restaurant online. It is is a old beautiful southern home. As we walked up the driveway we realized it was not an Italian Restaurant. It was a beautiful place with lots of southern charm.. We had a window table with a great view of the Gulf. Our waitress, Tammy was very friendly asking us about our trip and where we were from. Our food was fine. My husband had the special and really enjoyed his dinner. I had the vegetable pasta. It had no flavor. We shared a key lime pie that was wonderful! I would return for the atmosphere, staff and location.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ann T

Estero, Florida
“Southern Hospitality is alive and well in Gulfport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Perfect mix of southern charm and outstanding seafood! We were in Gulfport for one night and looking for a quite place to enjoy a good meal. The Chimneys was perfect. Our server was excellent and the food was outstanding!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank LRM84
Pass Christian, Mississippi
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

The service was excellent and the food was very delicious. I had lunch there and the price was very reasonable and the food was delicious. the salad was fresh and crisp and the oysters were fried to perfection.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lana F
Greensburg, Indiana
“Great views and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Love the southern hospitality here with a excellent menu. We had lunch on a Tuesday and barely made it in time considering they close for a couple of hours in the afternoon to clean up for the dinner crowd, 2:00 btw. I had the fish tacos, the slaw in the taco was very good. And I enjoy trying numerous different coleslaw. She had cajun redfish and a side of asparagus, the crabmeat on top was the delight in the entree. And dessert was...wow. It was a special chocolate cheesecake the chef made for Mothers Day, and it was delicious. Would definitely go back several times.

• Visited May 2013
Theodore,
“Not The Same Anymore”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

The last few times I've eaten here over the past year and a half have been a disappointment. This restaurant used to be a gem - an inviting atmosphere and outstanding food. Unfortunately, I did not experience either of these during my last visits. Last July, I booked a reservation to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday. When we arrived at the restaurant, we were shown a small area of 3 or 4 tables in the front of the restaurant and were informed that a Rehearsal Dinner event was being held that night and these were the only tables available. The event, of course, took over the restaurant and we were surrounded by a lot of people and noise. It was difficult to carry on a conversation and our service suffered. It was as if we were an after thought. In my opinion, I should have been informed of this event when I made the reservation giving me the option of whether I wanted to dine there that particular evening.

Last week, I went to lunch with a group of 12 ladies. Admittedly, that is a large group to handle but if they don't want to handle large groups, they should say so when the reservation is made. The service and the food were mediocre at best. I had a cup of shrimp gumbo, a shrimp remoulade salad, which consisted of some iceberg lettuce smothered in remoulade dressing and half a dozen or so of shrimp, and ice tea. To add insult to injury, 20% gratuity was added to the bill. So I ended up with a $25 tab. Pretty pricey any time for a lunch but especially for food and service that is just barely acceptable. Unfortunately, I have to say I won't be returning any time soon.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank gglAL

Been to The Chimneys? Share your experiences!