“Great stay in 407”

Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Erbendorf, Germany
“Great stay in 407”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had a great stay in Legacy Tower in unit 407. I'll start with the good things:
1. The tower was in a great location in proximity to the beach. You will have to cross a busy road but for us it wasn't a big deal. Casinos are about a 10 minute drive in either direction.
2. The unit was very clean.
3. All amenities were functional.
4. My family and I were visiting friends. When our friends came to visit, they were questioned by security guards but were quickly let in without a hassle.

Needs improvement...
1. I didn't feel that the staff was knowledgeable about simple procedures such as how to check in and out. To be specific, I asked someone on the cleaning team where to turn in keys and she didn't know.
2. The fountain was obnoxious and loud. It overwhelmed the sounds of the ocean and was apparently on whenever we were on the deck.

Bottom line- I would stay there again. There was plenty of room and the facility was very nice and had a lot to offer. I hope this helps!

Room Tip: Don't stay where the balcony will overlook the fountain. If available, the easternmost tower lo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Master bed made horrific noises - two twin mattress torn and stained put together to make a king. Front desk solved the problem with a leaky air mattress!! Spent the weekend sleeping on the floor! Owners should absolutely be embarrassed to rent out a unit needing carpets cleaned, new couches and beds and kitchen totally restocked! Terribly disappointing :(

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank tonhein40261

Travelers are raving about these Gulfport hotels

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a two bedroom condo in tower 2 for one month this spring. We had an excellent vacation from the moment we arrived. The condo was clean and spacious as was the pools and other common areas. We had a spectacular view of the Gulf which we enjoyed from inside our condo and relaxing on our large balcony. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. We loved being so close, just across the road, to the beach. Many other attractions as well as shopping were close by. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wintergetaway131
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Do not stay at the condos rented by this company. We rented a 3 bedroom, 2 bath condo at Legacy Towers. I paid a $105.00 cleaning fee upfront along with the amount for the condo. The place was not clean. The carpets were horribly dirty and so was the upholstery on the furniture in the living room. The guest bathroom had to be cleaned before we could give the kids a bath. Had to make an extra trip to the store for cleaning supplies. Upon checking in at the office my husband told the person at the front desk but she didn t seem to care. I called the lady who took my reservation and she said she would look into it but I never heard from her, guess she didn t care either. Very disappointed to go to a place that was so below our standards.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Barbara879
Chester, Illinois
Reviewed February 27, 2013

"Warning".... The reason for the this review, is to inform any potential travelers to the Legacy Towers in Gulfport, MS., to be aware of a damage charge a week following their checkout.
My wife and I stayed at Legacy Tower 1, Rm # 303, while visiting our son who is stationed at Keesler Air Force Base. The condo was very clean, decorated appropriately to the modern time and had all the amenities needed for our stay.
When we exited the condo, we made sure everything was in it's original place, nothing had been damaged, dishes were washed, beds made, floors cleaned, trash taken out, etc., just as things were when we entered the condo.
I week following our stay, I received an e-mail charging our credit card an additional $50.00. Puzzled by this, I opened up the Rental Policies and Procedures to explore where these charges could have stemmed from. One, a cancellation fee, didn't cancel. Another, the remote control's had to be in the exact place as they were when we arrived, made sure we did that. Another, the furniture had to be in its original position, made sure we did this too. Nothing else had a $50.00 fee attached.
After several attempts of calling three different numbers listed on my conformation form, I finally got through to someone. What I was told initially, was that most of the time this charge is for a stain on the comforter, as it has to be washed. I told the lady, I could assure anyone, even the pope, there was no stain on the comforter. She asked to put me on hold so she could look into this. Fifteen minutes later, she tells me the charge is for pink fingernail polish on the floor tiles in the kitchen and a broken piece of furniture. I tried to explain to her that my wife doesn't wear finger nail polish, let alone did she have any with her. I also wanted to know which piece of furniture had allegedly been broken,
but she couldn't tell me.
You would think after being charged a $95.00 cleaning fee, $35.00 damage waiver and $15.00 Legacy Towers Resort Fee, you wouldn't have to worry about another $50.00 fee a week after checkout, especially for something you know for certain didn't happen.
A valuable piece of information to any future travelers to the Legacy Towers. Have someone come with you to the condo at check in and document in writing, exactly what things look like and do the same at check out. Not having this, allows them to cheat at your expense.
I can sleep at night, but hope the individual assigned to do this dirty deed for this company, tosses and turns.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank jbfromchester
Spring, Texas
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Our 3 families planned a last minute summer vacation and the moms came together Saturday prior to our arrival date and located a condo. We liked that they had 2 - 3bd/3bth available in our price range. We received an email with pictures and choose the condo with 1king/2qu/2tw/1sleeper because of all the teenagers we had traveling with us, I confirmed that we wanted to rent the condo with specific beds types. We received the contract and it was for the other condo which had 2kings/2full/1sleeper, we tried to contact Legacy before our arrival and no one returned emails or phone calls. When we arrived at Legacy Tower we were given the keys to our condo and when we told them we booked the condo with more beds they said it had already been rented. "Bait & Switch" Frustrated we settled into our condo and wrote down everything that was wrong in fear of being charged for something we didn't break. We asked for an air mattress and one was given at no charge. Management also apologized and said they were obligated to provide sleeping for 10 and that's what they had provided. The pool area, workout facility and distance to the beach were great. This was a wonderful vacation with the exception of being given the wrong condo. I would stay down the street before dealing with the management team again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank TexasSunshine23
Covington, LA
Reviewed August 23, 2012

First, let us say the 3-bedroom condo we stayed in was very nice, comfortable, and suited our needs. Our experience with the condo, location, etc. was very good. What we were extremely upset about was the supposed 24-hour maintenance service. When we arrived we had little time to get ready for an evening engagement. Immediately one of the tubs was noted as stopped-up so we called maintenance. We were told they would send someone the next day. That was unacceptable and we wound up clearing the driain with a knife and bottle opener. In addition we reported a container with soiled water and cigarette butts on the balcony and an apparent water leak by one of the registers. Even after fixing the drain and calling back we never saw a maintenance person the entire four nights we were there. In fact, the cigarette butts and their container were still on the balcony when we departed. There were other maintenance problems noted like a non-functioning lock plate on the sliding balcony door, old tape stuck to a counter, a dirty coffee pot, etc. We never turned them in after the lack of response to our initial complaints. When one pays $125 for cleanup and maintenance you would expect service.

Room Tip: All rooms are apparently very nice with a beautiful view. Corner rooms are especially nice and large...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank lalexius
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulfport
Wingate by Wyndham Gulfport
Courtyard Gulfport Beachfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Gulfport
South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#10 of 28 in Gulfport
Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport

Been to Legacy Tower By Biloxi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!