“Fantastic night stay”

Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport - Renovated
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Gulfport
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Had long travel from New Orleans to do a show and fly out of Gulfport - the staff was nice, hotel quiet and clean. I had a great two night stay and next time I am out for business, will stay again. Also seemed to have a nice meeting area and breakfast was also good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Rick H
Charla F, Manager at Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport - Renovated, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

First of all, THANK YOU for rating us on Trip Advisor! We do appreciate it. I will definitley share this information with the rest of the TEAM. We hope to see you soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff from the front desk to the housekeeping to the maintenance folks. Free dinner Monday and Tuesday. Free hot breakfast with a great selection. Clean Rooms. Cab to downtown is about 15 bucks for a couple of great restaurants or hangouts. I will be back for sure!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank 312seanb

First we want to thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor! We value how our guests feel during their stay and hope we make all of our guests stay a GREAT one. We hope to see you back soon at Residence Inn Gulfport!!!

Sincerly,

Reviewed March 9, 2014

close to the airport, very friendly staff, quiet neighborhood, well appointed rooms and a very competitive room rate. I had a very good time here, able to work in the room with well functioning Wifi that was complementary. I will return here anytime and will encourage others to stay here if their travel needs bring them to gulfport airport!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate all the feedback we can get from our valued guests.
We hope to see you back soon at Residence inn Gulfport!!

Best,

Reviewed March 3, 2014

we stayed at the residence inn Gulfport Feb. 22 and 23, thanks to Mr Lawrence whom was able to accommidate us when no other hotel motel in the area would,. We left one of our pillows in the room when we checked out. forgot it.. By the time I returned home to Tennessee on the following week the pillow was there in a box sent by your staff. I was so surprised that I had to call and thank the staff but also praise them for going out of their way to send this pillow back to us. Thanks to all the staff for making our stay a memoriable one and will stay at your facilities when ever possible,we found the facility clean comfortable and all staff very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for rating us on Trip Advisor! We sure appreciate the nice comments. I will defintley share this with the rest of the TEAM that makes it all happen. We value what our guests have to say, so THANK YOU!!!

We do hope to see you back again soon.

Truly,

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Positive: Friendly and welcoming staff. Great with advice and making sure that they inject a little positivity into your day.
Neutral: Rooms and clean and well-appointed. Standard Residence Inn, but very well-maintained.
Negative: I was placed in a room right next to the elevator, which made for more noise in the morning than I would have liked.
Elite benefits: None significant at any Residence Inn, but I do wish that they would not place Gold elite members right next to the elevators.

Room Tip: Avoid the elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor!
I want to thank you for suggesting the ideas that you did about the elevators. We will definitley take any and all ideas into consideration, as we want all of our guests to be comfortable during their stay.
Please Let us know if you think of anything else, we would love to hear what you have to say!

Thanks so much,

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We like the location of this hotel with access to the Gulf, casinos, airport, and the freeway, but I’d consider it one of the worst Residence Inns we’ve stayed at in a long time. The building itself was molded and discolored, with siding missing from the front façade. There were areas where the wood was actually sagging. The room itself was clean and well appointed, but there was a too long wait for hot water to flow to the room faucets (wasting gallons in the process). This made showers also a bit tepid, but caused us greater concern because it was obvious that the dishwasher was less than sterile (if it was used at all by the staff) -- especially since there was no dish soap provided for guests or on the maid’s service cart. In addition, the windows were so dirty we could not see out of one of them, and the sound of jets from the airport could be clearly heard over the room fan (which we left on high since the plumbing noise seemed unusually loud). Worse yet, after staying at a number of other Marriott’s on this trip and enjoying their facilities, the beds at this hotel were so hard as to be almost unbearable. I’m sure the management is clinging to their franchise, but they need to make some serious upgrades to match similar properties.

Room Tip: Try for a lower room on the back side of the hotel, though the adjacent apartments were also noisy w...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Charla F, Manager at Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport - Renovated, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I want to start off by apologizing for your most recent stay. As we do strive to be the BEST and its disheartening to see the negative comments. However, we are unable to better ourselves without feedback from our guests. I would really like to discuss this matter in more detail. I do not want any of our guests or potential guests to incur any of the issues you had. I am so sorry that you were not satisfied with our hotel, But I do know most of the issues that you mentioned are already addressed and corrected.
Once again, thank you for the feedback.

Sincerly,
charla.fontenot@marriott.com
228.867.1722

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed here 1 night on our way home from Orlando in Dec. 2013. Reserved a 2 bd/2bath and got a fantastic rate. I was kinda worried what condition the hotel/room would be because of the inexpensive rate, but I was very relieved when we walked into the facility. The hotel itself is beautiful, and the room was spotless. The kitchen area in our room was very impressive-just wished we were staying longer to take advantage of it. The bathrooms were average for this type of chain, as were the beds. The breakfast was on par with other "free breakfast" type chains. I would definitely recommend to family/friends and would stay here myself again. One last thing, I don't recall hearing planes taking off or landing while we were here, so that did not disturb us (and I live close to IAH in Houston, TX, so I hear planes ALL the time...)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Wanted to take a moment and Thank you for your time to complete this review. Your time is valuable so for you to complete this, means alot.

We do hope to see you soon!

Warm Regards,