“Comfortable stay”

Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport - Renovated
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Gulfport
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This near the airport and freeway Residence Inn is pretty standard for a Residence Inn - clean comfy rooms, enough space for your stuff, good air conditioning, small kitchen - in short why you stay at a hotel of this type and quality and price range. It is everything you expect.

Unlike other Residence Inns, the breakfast seating area and breakfast bar area is very small. We were there on a Sunday morning (not spring break, not Easter) and it was packed. People were waiting in line for their food, the food containers were empty, the bowls were gone, cup supply was low, people were looking for a place to sit, etc. It was not a good way to start the day. This seems like a service problem that the hotel should be able to address and fix.

There were groups of loud teenagers roaming the lobby in the evening and running the halls. I understand that there were complaints and security had been called. This got out of hand again before midnight and again during the wee hours. Not sure about the clientele that stays at this hotel to allow their children to run around in this manner but I applaud the hotel for getting security on them to try to control it. Unfortunately, security was not effective or it would not have occurred again at midnight or in the wee hours.

I would stay here again during the week, hoping for business travelers as the other people in the hotel rather than families on the weekends. Perhaps this would avoid the rowdy teenagers.

Room Tip: In the summer, a room overlooking the pool could be noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Charla F, Manager at Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport - Renovated, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for the very Helpful and Constructive comment, comments like this assist us with correcting issues that do arise. We do appreciate any and all feedback as we want to know what our guests experince while they are here.
Due to the High Occupancy we do tend to have alot of guests to come and enjoy our breakfast however, it does get congested.
Again, Thank you for giving us the feed back that you did, I will definitley take everything into consideration and discuss so that we can implement some ideas and ensure this doesnt happen in the future.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here for spring break and this was the best hotel stay ever! The 2 bedroom suite was perfect for our family of four. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was way more than I expected. There are plenty of restaurants and a wonderful outlet mall close by. We enjoyed the hotel and the beach so much we are making plans to come back to stay again!

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for the nice comment you left us on Trip Advisor, we do appreciate it. We take all of our comments and any feedback so we can help our guests THRIVE.
We know time is valuable so again, thank you for rating us on Trip Advisor. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here on trip to the Gulf coast. Across the street from airport but airport noise not a problem in the rooms. Good accommodations and staff was very helpful. Couple miles to beach but there is little traffic. Close to interstate and restaurants and stores very close at hand.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the nice comments on Trip Advisor!
We are delighted to receive these type of comments and certainly appreciate them.

Thank you for taking the time out to do this.

Hospitably,
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This facility is a great place to stay. It is very near the airport yet is not loud. The room was large, immaculate, and very well appointed. The complementary breakfast was complete and provided real plates or plastic plates to go. Mon, Tues, and Wed there is a complementary evening meal, too! Can't beat it with a stick. Well worth the money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fantumfighter
Charla F, Manager at Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport - Renovated, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for the nice comment you left us on Trip Advisor, we do appreciate it. We take all of our comments and any feedback we can get to help better assist the next guests stay.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel when I travel for almost 5 years now. Although the prices have nearly doubled - I remember when I could get the 1 bdrm suite for $79 per night - the quality has remained the same, excellent. Comfortable rooms, beds, excellent service, good family environment, friendly staff. For anyone who can afford the rates I strong suggest staying here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate any feedback we can get. Our staff strives hard to make every guest experience a memorable and comfortable stay. I will definitley pass this on to the rest of the team.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

First let me say this is my first review so if I leave anything out e-mail me and I will answer any questions my husband is normally the one that writes the reviews but I felt the need to express my feelings on the Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport. Originally we were with a group and the gentlemen over the group said there was a lack of communication amongst the hotels staff so he decided to split the group up at two other hotels, but my husband and I along with our 17 year old son decided to still stay at the Residence Inn........BAD choice! We asked for a corner room but didn’t get one. My son slept on the pull out couch and the next morning he complained about his back apparently the springs in the pull out couch were hurting him all night so we went to Wal-Mart and bought two comforters to pad the couch with. I also am a HUGE neat freak so I look at every nook and cranny and let me tell you the hotel appears to be clean but it is only surface cleaned. The breakfast was average but I’ve had better at other Residence Inn’s. Next time we’re going with the group! My advice is to stay across the street at the Hilton Garden Inn if you just want to stay in this area.

Room Tip: Only stay if you have to but there are so many other choices in the area.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank NatashaGM
Charla F, Manager at Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport - Renovated, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for the review on Trip Advisor, we do appreciate the feedback, however I wish I could have talked to you and made this right before you left the hotel. If you could please contact me I would appreciate it, as I would like to get more detailed information from you.
My contact information is charla.fontenot@marriott.com or 228.867.1722

Reviewed January 29, 2013

As most of you know that read my blog and travel magazine or follow my youtube channel for the past few months my daughter and I have been planning our family reunion.

We scouted many places and decided on Gulfport/Biloxi area. We decided to put in a request with the Residence Inn and at first things were good! My daughter negotiated for a cheaper rate and more rooms and everything seemed to still be going great; until it came time for the hotel to submit the new contract.

The first sign that things were going downhill was the phone call where we were told that we were misinformed because they aren’t allowed to block off that many rooms. When asked how many rooms could be blocked off she stated 12, which raised another flag seeing as how the first proposal had 15. The second sign that things were definitely going wrong was when the young lady explained that even if we decided to add more rooms into our group the price would NOT be guaranteed to the added rooms. At this point I was ready to dismiss this property as a possible location, but my daughter thought once the young lady spoke with the manager things would get better.

But once we received the new proposal we found that the young lady had decreased the number of rooms (to a number that was much smaller than the 35 requested as well as smaller than the number that was previously quoted 15). In addition to decreasing the number of rooms she increased the prices.

Needless to say I told my daughter not to sign the contract and we would keep looking. In my opinion this hotel has lost all credibility when it comes to groups and I will be giving them the thumbs down on my blog, website, youtube channel, and magazine! I will also post all of the documents to verify what I am saying.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank TravelingJaneKoch
Charla F, Manager at Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport - Renovated, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your comments, I would love the opportunity to discuss this with you further. I do apologize for the inconvience this may have caused. My contact information is below.

Sincerly,