“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Katy, Texas
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in the middle of a road trip and what I found in terms of infrastructure and service quality was beyond my expectations. A big remark must be given to service provided by the attendant of the restaurant/room service. Top notch.
It is definiely on my list for a next opportunity in the vicinity.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
LairdSiegal, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
engped, As a top Trip Advisor contributor, it was a fantastic pleasure to read your recent post. Thank you for your time to share these comments and we will share the compliments with our restaurant staff. Please visit us again and let us welcome you with our true Southern Hospitality ! Thanks again and safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have stayed at this particular Holiday Inn twice, now and enjoyed it both times. The staff is the friendliest ever encountered at any motel. Checkout was at noon and I was delighted to not hear a housekeeper at my door until 11:45. When I left the motel at 8 am, there were no housekeepers in sight. Most relaxing. I did not swim in the pool, but went in again to enjoy the atmosphere there. The indoor pool has a roof that opens, leaving a glass roof in place, and gives the feeling of swimming outside. The temperature in the swimming room is delighful, not cold and clammy or hot and steamy like some are. Air circulates constantly so the air, which is warm enough for swimmers out of the water, is comfortable for those who are not swimming. There is no free breakfast, but the buffet was good though expensive. The whole motel was very clean, same wonderful beds as in every Holiday Inn. The location is great....the beach is to the south and I-10 is a block north. Any store you need, including outlet mall, is close by. It's not often that you can stay in a motel where the staff makes you feel like they are all there just for you, and that they really care about your stay. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: There is no beautiful view in any direction. Choices are I-10, Hwy 49, or motel next door. I don'...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
LairdSiegal, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Ladybug004, How wonderful to read your second post ! Thank you for noticing our true staff "culture" of honestly caring and wanting all our guests to feel at home and welcome. Our fantastic staff really do make the difference in demonstrating a heart felt attitude. Thanks for your acknowledgment. Thank you for sharing many details regarding our location with quiet mornings, indoor pool, room view advice, distance to the ocean and shopping. We hope to host you again in the near future and thank you from all of our team.
Jackson, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Words cannot the warmth of the customer service, the clean and comfortable rooms and the location as a whole. I really was amazed at the customer service from checkin until check out.
If ever you need a definition for Customer Service; then book a room here at the Holiday Inn Gulfport MS if in town.
I had the chance to eat and have a drink in " Kems " Dinning and the atmosphere was fabulous. I wasn't able to get certain names but if I could have, then I would have to call each and every name that was there on Wed night and Thursday morning.
Hats off to the Ownership and the Gm for having such an outstanding staff and property.
In closing, this is one hotel property to be a model after.

Room Tip: The high floor corner rooms are great views of the area.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
LairdSiegal, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
DavidJ, What a pleasure to read you recent review of our award winning hotel! Your compliments will be posted and reviewed by the entire hotel staff, thank you. All of our team members do share a common "culture" of demonstrating genuine, caring, honest and "heartfelt" guest service. Thank you for noticing, it is very apparent if the effort isn't genuine.
Our Southern Hospitality will be waiting for your next visit from Jackson. Thanks again and safe travels.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Freda, Hannah, Carlos, Amber and Richard made me feel like I was part of the family! They took great care of our crew. I have to say everyone that I encounter was super friendly and wanted to ensure that I was having a pleasant stay. The rooms were clean and the beds were AMAZING!!!! I can't wait to be back.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
LairdSiegal, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
nani1931, Thank you for your recent review and "welcome to our family". We truly appreciate the compliments on our fantastic staff members and we will share your comments with all of them. We do hope to welcome you back when your travels from Dallas bring you our way. Thanks again for your time to share your experience and safe travels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel with an indoor pool. Staff do everything they can to make your stay a pleasant one. My daughter left her glasses behind and Steve, made sure that my daughter could see again. I will stay in this hotel if my travels take me to Gulfport again.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
LairdSiegal, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Raidersrchamps, Thank you for your time to share these comments. We really appreciate the wonderful compliments. We will share your posting with Steve, who we agree, is a fantastic staff leader. Thanks again and we do hope to see you and family in the future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Another week in Gulfport, Mississippi and I selected this Holiday Inn, mostly from my experience earlier in the year. The location is right next to everything so expect a little road noise and train horns, but the rooms are very spacious, clean and the air conditioning is wonderful, so it was worth the little bit of noise.
The front desk staff were always smiling and welcoming. I liked the free cocktail card when arriving back at the hotel in the afternoon. The bar staff were friendly and always had the time to say hello and greet each customer as they arrived. Even the maids, cleaning staff, maintenance people smiled and always had a nice word to say to their customers. It was like they were really enjoying their jobs and were happy you were there.
Kudos to the hotel management for creating this atmosphere!
Special thanks to Karin and the rest of the breakfast bunch for starting my work day off with a smile and the bartender in the evening, who treated the customer like family. It is a regular Holiday Inn with extraordinary people working there. A real nice, reasonably price hotel for someone a long way from home!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
LairdSiegal, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
NzanderOn The Move, Yes, you are quite a long way from home, and we are so pleased all departments made you feel welcome and comfortable. We will share your compliments will all departments and especially Karin, for her morning smile and Stacey, for her afternoon greetings. We truly appreciate your loyalty and are honored to serve you again on this visit. Safe travels and thank you again.
Anguilla, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My fiance' and I scheduled a trip to the coast for a few days and booked with another hotel. Upon arriving at the "3 star" hotel that we booked, we were extremely disappointed and decided to find another hotel that was close by. We stopped at the Holiday Inn and the guest services rep was wonderful. We told her of our unfortunate situation and she accommodated us very well with a nice room with a king bed and a jacuzzi tub. The lobby was clean and very appealing to the eye. The bar in the hotel was a great plus. The rooms were a comfortable size and the shower was wonderful. The room was also very clean and smelled very fresh. I would definitely be staying here again if we come back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
LairdSiegal, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
MrsCoop14, Congratulations on your upcoming wedding ! We are very happy you found our "gem" of a hotel after visiting your originally booked hotel. We sincerely appreciate your compliments on our front desk staff and room cleanliness. Thank you for your time to share these comments and please visit again , possibly for a honeymoon trip? Safe travels and thanks again.