WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Great hotel, nice friendly staff, I would definitely stay again.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport

Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Mobile, Alabama
“Great hotel, nice friendly staff, I would definitely stay again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great place to stay for outlet shopping or if want to be near the interstate. Very clean hotel and friendly staff. Everyone seemed to be in a good moo from the ladies at the front desk to the lady making coffee. My only wish would be for my breakfast to be included with room. My family has to have a hot breakfast and 12.00 for a buffet is a little extreme. But everything else was perfect. Pool stays open 24 hours. Thank you, that saved me with the little people.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LairdSiegal, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
TyronndaB, We appreciate your time to post the compliments about our award winning hotel, and thanks for mentioning a few departments. We will pass along your comments. Yes, the outlet mall accross the street does attract a lot of our guests and really offers some great bargins ! Our entire staff will continue to demonstrate our true southern hospitality and we hope to see you soon if your travels bring you our way from Mobile. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I reviewed this hotel twice in the past and both times were great. This time, not so nice. First of all the hotel is showing wear and tear-common areas and the rooms. The pool was the worst. Also, the daily rate has been lowered and the clientele seems to be lower end - and catering to internet bargains. The rooms were ok and the air worked well, but we did find several hairs in the bathroom. There were several scuff marks on the walls and the furniture is outdated. All of the staff-except for the front desk - was very nice, friendly, and knowledgeable. The front desk made an error on their part and had the wrong credit card assigned to my folio, so they called me early the first morning to advise. When I questioned it, they admitted it was their mistake and when I asked about it again and made a complaint-the only response I got from the female front desk agent was "I said it was a mistake and I said I am sorry". RUDE! Not the way to handle. Anyhow, other than this the staff was great! Breakfast was an amazing experience. The staff at breakfast is the best ever!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank VPNor
JanetCollins, Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
VPNor, Thank you for your very respected feedback. We will pass along the compliments to our breakfast staff. I do sincerely apopogize for the billing confusion by our desk staff, we should always verify our credit information prior to disturbing our guests. Thank you for your continued support and we hope to see you in the near future.

Gulfport, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Great hotel I stay every week for work. the bar is great and Stacy/Chris is the best. Front desk is always nice and check-in is always smooth. Love the in-door 24hr pool. the staff at this hotel is always friendly. wouldn't go anywhere else in the area....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
223markd, Fantastic! We appreciate the kind works for Stacey and Chef Chris. They both represent our true culture of Southern Hospitality. Thank you for your continued patronage and the "red carpet" will be here waiting for you.

Lynnfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

So we're traveling to Destin from New Orleans and got hammered in a thunderstorm while on I10. An exhausting experience so we pulled off the Interstate in Gulfport...first hotel we saw was the Holiday Inn. Haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn in years but we were pretty beat up and needed to be rescued.

I was pleasantly surprised. Lobby tastefully furnished and clean, staff extremely accommodating and the rome immaculate.

Specifically requested a room that had Internet connectivity...was assured we'd be OK in the room assigned. Well...not quite. Signal was sporadic and weak, strike 1.

Hungry after the ride so we needed nourishment (about 9:00PM). Hoiiday Inn isn't known for their cuisine so our expectations weren't high. Hot roast beef sandwich was below even our lowest expectations...strike 2.

Back to the room to fall asleep watching TV...which didn't work. Strike 3

So...it was a great place to be rescued from the storm, it was clean and the staff friendly, other than that it was a bust. But, if the weather circumstances were the same and we were in the neighborhood we'd stay there again. Go figure!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
jax14fun, Thank you for you time to provide us with some valuable insight. Yes, our internet strength has recently been challenged. We are finding that guests are now utilizing more than one device at a time, remaining on-line longer and capturing more bandwith with larger
downloads. Our capabilities are in the process of a system upgrade to address thee new patterns. We are sorry for the slow connectivity that you experienced. Our restaurant, usually a crowd pleaser, is reviewing our menu specifications for a number of items and truly apologize for the unacceptable quality you were presented. We hope you see you in the near future, thanks again and safe travels.

Fleming Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We have stayed at the Gulfport Holiday Inn several times over the past three years and each visit has been a wonderful experience. The lobby is very well-decorated and striking. The staff is extremely friendly, as well as professional, and if there is anything you need, they are very helpful in providing it. The public areas and hallways are decorated very nicely and show attention to detail. The rooms are attractive and the housekeeping department does an excellent job of keeping them clean and well stocked. In addition, the rooms come with a small fridge and microwave which is an extra bonus. Lastly, the indoor pool is great and provides hours of entertainment for our grandchildren. In summary, we felt at home and we highly recommend staying at this hotel

Room Tip: Walk-in showers are a plus!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Fran440
Hawkinsville, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was surprised that they did not offer a complimentary breakfast for the rates they charge. I'm a Priority Club platinum member so I've stayed in a lot of Holiday Inns but I don't remember ever staying in one that did not provide a free breakfast. It cost me 25,000 points to stay one night in a 6,000 to 12,000 point hotel. I was given an upgraded room, but the room was so small I couldn't imagine the standard room. I would of rated it one star but the girl that waited on us at the very expensive breakfast buffet was very nice. The TV channels are sparse and the TV wasn't even working properly and the remote was broken but all that was taken care of, except for the limited channel selection.
There were a lot of drunks in the lobby and hall ways so I had to run the heater fan constantly to drown out the noise. The room I was given was also an adjoining room which I do not like and is in my profile that way.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the end of the hall so fewer foul mouthed drunks will pass by your room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear David B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As a Priority Club Rewards Platinum member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and Hotel. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations during your stay with us. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Starkville, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed at this location one night while on Business. It is a great hotel in a great location.

Very clean, Friendly staff, It had a great workout room. Heated pool and hot tube.

The hotel is located right in the middle of many shopping and restaurant opportunities.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business