“Single woman traveling”

Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Flat Rock, North Carolina, United States
“Single woman traveling”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel is located right off the Gulfport MS airport road but quiet. Great location to catch a flight and be able to get on interestate for travel as well. The hotel staff are extrememly friendly and will welcome you by name after first visit. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The beds are adjustable and fit whatever firmness you may desire. The in hotel dining is very convenient as well as great quality and service. Happy hour each evening from 5 till 7 in the bar. Breakfast is great for on the run or sit down. The price is comparable to other dining places. Excercise room is great for those interested. I love this hotel and would stay here again in this area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Suzanne P, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. It is our pleasure to take care of our guests and to know that we exceeded your expecations is great news. Your comments will be passed on to our staff and will definitely make their day. We thank you for taking the time to recognized their efforts and we appreciate your feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Arabic first
Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This hotel feels like going home to me!

The hotel facility is head-and-shoulders above any other I encounter in my business travels, which in itself should be enough, but they don't stop there. The service is simply the best you will find in ANY hotel. Period.

Each and every staff member goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and know you are welcome. It's evident they all love what they do. I only get there about every six or so weeks, but the front desk, chef, serving staff and bartender all remember my name, what I had to eat last time I was there, and what my favorite drink is when I need a little happy hour. It boggles my mind how they do it with the amount of guests they have coming and going each day. They remember where I'm from, what I do for a living and ask about my family. It's so nice, because being on the road so much gets lonely at times, and it's good to feel like you're with friends.

I hope Hilton realizes they have a flagship for their brand in Gulfport, MS, because I surely do.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Suzanne P, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We are so happy to hear that you feel like part of "Our HGI Family"! Our entire staff takes pride in going above and beyond and to be recognized with such amazing comments will definitely bring a smile to their faces. Thank you for taking the time to recognized their efforts. We appreciated your feedback and look forward to having you come "Home" again soon!
Maryland
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at the HGI in Gulfport for the Super Bowl in New Orleans. The hotel was extremely clean and breakfast was tasty and efficient. Check-in was easy and the queen bed with and adjustable mattress provided a great night's sleep. The hotel is close enough to the airport and I10 but also very quiet and comfortable. The next time I am in the area, this hotel will be on my short list.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
OUTSTANDING!!! Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It turned out to be a very nice weekend and our team here at the HGI Gulfport had a great time with all of the fans. Thank you for staying with us!!
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Great place to stay if you have an early morning flight. Just minutes from the airport. Dispite the proximity to the airport, it was very quite. Front desk staff, if fact all of the staff, are very friendly and professional. Excellent made to order breakfast, or just a continental if you want. Unfortunately, it was $9.95. The Ressidence Inn just accross the parking lot has a free made to order breakfast. I would have given the Garden Inn five stars for a free breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for choosing us while in Gulfport. I wish we could include breakfast for everyone but until the brand changes that standard check out our Bed and Breakfast Package. It offers the Full Cooked to Order Breakfast and the Buffet included in the room rate at just half of the regular breakfast cost.
Mississippi
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed here for one night on business. Location is directly across the street from the Gulfport-Biloxi Airport. Its close to I 10 and Highway 49 so getting around the area is very quick. I checked in and was given a room with a double queen, and the front desk was able to exchange it for a King without any problems. Front desk were friendly and helpful. The room was pretty typical for a HGI property: clean and well maintained. Could not ask for any thing better. The restaurant area and bar are all the same. You can order from the menu for lunch or dinner, Breakfast is also made to order, I had it and it was good although I'm not sure it was worth the $10 it costs. Overall, this is a nice place to stay. Don't worry about the airport as there are not enough flights after dark to keep you awake. I don't think I heard any until about 6:30 the next morning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at the HGI Gulfport with TripAdvisor. We appreciate you staying with us and for the feedback. I was very pleased to once again hear that the airport noise was not an issue. Thank you again!!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Room is nice. Construction is taking place. The pool is outside with a clean hot tub. The exercise room has a lot to be desired. The lounge, bar and restaurant are morphed into one. It is just average. I guess...what do you expect in Gulfport MS.

• Stayed September 2012
GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments and for choosing Hilton Garden Inn.
Pascagoula, MS
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed here to catch an early flight out the next morning. It was nice. We paid a bit more for the room with the large tub and my wife really enjoyed it. Good service just like the other GHIs that I have been to.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GPTAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I am so pleased that you enjoyed our property even if it was just over night. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport. We hope that you have the opportunity to return again in the not so distant future.