“Not the old C&G”
Review of C & G Grille

C & G Grille
Ranked #24 of 254 Restaurants in Gulfport
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We have visited this restaurant on our visits for the last many years. The service remains impressive but the food selections and food quality have gone down over the years. When it shared a kitchen with Emeril's the entrees as well as the salad bar selections were over the top in quality. Sadly, both areas have suffered after Emeril's exit, in our opinion. It still serves the purpose as a mid priced alternative between the buffet and the Carter Green Steakhouse. Don't get me wrong; the food is still good; just not up to the standards of the past.
P.S. we still eat here everytime we go:)

Reviewed June 24, 2010

this is a huge burger and i ate every bite of it and it did not give me indigestion, or any full feeling i get from heavy meat. It was the best ever and i will eat it again! And i am not a burger gal!

Reviewed March 27, 2009

We usually eat at C & G Grille when at the Island View. We ate at Emeril's once for a special occasion, but it's a little too pricey and pretentious for our needs. We went to C & G's this time looking forward to our usual pleasant meal. Afterwards, I realized that we were disappointed the last time, too. The buffet has gone downhill with the speed of a freight train. The selections are not appealing, the food is not prepared well. You certainly had a huge selection of cheeses, but the rest of the buffet was disappointing. The prices have increased, considerably. Our entrees were $26 for a seafood dish and $21 for a steak. My husband was happy with the steak but my seafood was inedible. The soft shell crab was too tough to eat, the oysters were unappetizing, the fish had so much heat I couldn't eat it. When questioned, the waiter said it was due to the Zatarain's they use. I've used it for over 40 years and it is not hot. Most of the food was left on my plate. We will not return. In fact we went to Taco Bell the next night.

1  Thank mapatogo