“Cold!!!!”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Grenada
Slidell
“Cold!!!!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Let me first say that I found this place slightly below average. Mold in the tub floor and corners of the tub. I believe feces left smeared on the floor, not sure but seemed to be. Antibacterial wipes to the rescue. Although as a guest I shouldn't have to do such. The worse part, COLD! The high in the area for the day was 29F and there was no heat on at all! I stayed in my jeans and sweatshirt till I went to bed about 2.5 hours after arrival, and then froze for awhile under the covers. I had the heater set on high heat, all the way up and finally about 7.5 hours after arrival it was warm enough to get up in my gown and move about the room. After another hour I was warm enough to take my shower so I could get on the road, (later than I had planned). I cannot comment on breakfast, as all I could smell was curry and at times I do like curry, the first smell of the morning is not one of those times. The bed was firm, and the pillows good, so once I warmed under the blankets, I did sleep well. Just wish it hadn't taken so long to be warm enough to sleep.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Union, Missouri
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stopped at the Super 8 on our way home from our family vacation. The staff were extremely helpful & friendly. The breakfast was okay. The room was very old & dated. The beds were hard & the linens were OLD! The blankets were scratchy. But, it was adequate for sleeping & heading back out the next morning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

GONZALES
Reviewed October 21, 2012

it was nice, people friendly. it was nice what more can I say. the mattress was rought, but made it throught the night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Oklahoma
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed here on the way back from a mission trip based on Tripadvisor ratings and was not disappointed. This is an older property but it was clean and quiet. The lobby was fresh and the breakfast options were really good. The room smelled good, it was clean, and the bed/bedding were comfortable and fresh. It was a good night's rest. TV and internet worked fine. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My only negative was the pool appeared to need some attention although there were several swimmers having fun.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I usually love looking up the reviews but NEVER get around to writing one and so made it a point to sit down and say a few kind words about my stay here at the Super 8. It was better than expected, especially considering the price! Usually something Good isn't gonna be Cheap and of course something Cheap isn't gonna be any good - I was impressed with this hotel. Cheap and good! Not GREAT but it was good. I stayed for two nights and did not have the Heeby Jeebies usually I half expected! I would actually stay again. Pleasant staff, decent room and good amenities.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Saltillo, Mississippi
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I came into contact with probably 5 or 6 employees over the course of my 2-day stay here, and every one of them was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The room was so quiet I thought I was the only person staying in the motel, and I was right next to the front desk and the vending and ice machines. Everything seemed clean and was very comfortable. The best part of my stay in Grenada was the Super 8! The only negatives were that the hair dryer didn't work properly and I could have used a little brighter lighting when working on paperwork.

Room Tip: You may want to request a room on the backside of the motel if you are bothered by the sound of traf...