“Excellent Place!!”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Grenada
Miami, Florida
“Excellent Place!!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

After running away from the America's Best Value Hotel in Grenada we came to the Hampton Inn!
Fantastic hotel, clean bed sheets, new rooms, free breakfast!! Fitness room!

Will stay here anytime with my family!

Room Tip: ask for a top floor to avoid extra noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lansing MI
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We had a beautiful room at the end of the hall on the first floor. Very quiet and very clean, including the bathroom. No conditioner to go with the shampoo, which was a downer. The tub in room 104 is VERY slippery and needs non-slip strips or a bathmat. We put down a towel which did help. When I mentioned it to the desk attendant in the morning, she said we could have asked for a bathmat. Not easy to do when you're already undressed and ready for the shower! Good breakfast. Very good value. Will stay there again if we've in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a bathmat if you stay in room 104 - and don't wait until you're ready to get in the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed here to have a stopover between Memphis and Jackson. That's what it was. Just a stopover, not a vacation stay! I was happy to see a Wal-Mart nearby where I could pick up what I needed. The hotel was clean, for the most part but I didn't have any "wow" experiences. I travel a ton and it turns out the litte things make all the difference. This hotel was clearly not sold out and due to my Hilton Honors level I expected to be upgraded to a king room / high floor as requested. However, I was on the second floor with a double room. Again, not a HUGE deal because upgrades are based on availability... but really, it didn't look that busy.

I've also always had a pet peeve with these hotels that have the lights that shine to light up the building all night. Looks good from the outside, but man that's annoying when the blackout curtains can't black the light out!

Breakfast was good, the coffee was hot, and the lobby is exactly what's expected from a Hampton. Couldnt' beat the price, that's for sure. If this location is needed again I'll certainly stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BRENHAM
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Football weekend little more than halfway coming from Jackson heading to Oxford. Very nice, excellent breakfast selection, friendly helpful staff and clean rooms. Walls were a little thin for noise but nothing to complain about at all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
15528 Village Dr. Biloxi,Ms.
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I was traveling back home from a wonderful vacation had stayed in all Hiltons which we normally do. All our rooms were very clean and comfortable we had not booked a room for the final night so we booked a room at the Hampton in Grenada, Ms. That was the dirtiest bathroom I had ever encountered at a Hampton. There was a ring around the commode that looked liked it had not been cleaned in a long while. The tub had mildew all around and the shower walls had something all over. There was someone's hair all over the tub so you knew it hadn't been cleaned from previous guest. I travel a lot and stay in Hampton's and have always found them to be clean. I talked with the manger and she appolized and said she would take care of it and refund us , which never happened. I wasn't asking for a refund just that the bathroom would be cleaned.

Room Tip: Be sure and check the bathroom first and if not clean bring it to the manager's attention.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Gulfport, MS
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way home from a trip out west. The hotel looks new, and is furnished nicely. The beds were clean and comfortable. The free Internet service and breakfast were nice, but the bathroom in room 400 did not look like it had been cleaned in weeks. There was a crusty ring around the water line in the toilet, and the shower stall was dirty and sticky. My husband even brought it to my attention, so I know it was BAD. He doesn't notice things like that.

The maid was standing outside our room when we were on our way to check out, so I told her about the bathroom. She pretended like it was someone else's job, and she would let them know. I rather expect she cleaned it well before the manager came up to inspect. She knew I was going to say something when I checked out. I did mention it at the front desk, and they brought the manager out to talk with me. She was very nice, and offered to replace our hhonors points we had used for the room. I told her I didn't expect to have the points replaced, but just wanted her to be aware of the problem, since people expect better from a Hilton property.

The only times I have ever complained at a hotel is when I have been given a smoking room rather than a non-smoking like I booked, so I don't make a habit of complaining. I do believe that this will not be an issue at this hotel now that they are aware that someone doing the cleaning on fourth floor doesn't do bathrooms. I rather expect that the toilet in room 400 is sparkling.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to stay here, but do inspect you room and notify management if there is a problem...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MSRuby-7
Perth
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We are staying at the Hampton Inn for a wedding nearby. The check in process was smooth and for the price hard to beat a place for better value. The breakfast is provided as complimentary and works a treat - everything you need; today scrambledd eggs, waffles, danish pastries, toast, oatmeal - just plenty.

The rooms are fine; clean and functional. We would recommend staying here. Keep delivering the same value folks; you are on a winner!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank AtholPerth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grenada
Comfort Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North
Knights Inn Grenada
Knights Inn Grenada
#5 of 13 in Grenada

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Grenada? Share your experiences!