“A very nice stay”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Grenada
Lookout Mountain, Georgia
“A very nice stay”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I started out across the street at the Hampton Inn, and the front desk clerk was RUDE, and tried to over charge me for my room. I had stayed there 2 weeks prior, and wanted the rate that I got, she copped an attitude, and I left. The people at the Holiday Inn express were wonderful. I stayed 3 nights, and didn't have 1 single problem. breakfast was good, good restaurants within walking distance. The bedding really stood out, and the SIZE of the room !
I'll be staying here in 6 months when I come back thru.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bartlett, Tennessee
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Conveniently located off I-59, this was a nice hotel with quiet rooms, free internet (wired and wireless), free hot breakfast and about $30 cheaper than the hotels around Memphis. The staff was also very friendly and the hotel well-kept and clean.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank n8vchzhd
Wende S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grenada, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! Our goal is to ensure all of our guests enjoy their stay with us! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the future
Mississippi USA
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I had to stay here one night on my way back from a job in Wyoming. My car acted up while passing through the town where this hotel is located. The hotel itself was just fine, like most of the HIEs that I've stayed at. What made the difference at this particular HIE was the staff. The manager and front desk clerk were very understanding about my situation and gave me a great rate for the night. The breakfast the next morning was hot and plentiful, and the staff was once again pleasant and freindly. Like I said, The hotel was clean and quiet as I have come to expect from an HIE but the staff really shined at this one. I'd stay there anyday.:)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Justbutterbean
Thank You for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Grenada,MS. We are delighted you found your stay wonderful! Our main goal is to make sure that all of our guest have a great stay with us! We want every guest to feel like they are at home! Please come back soon and visit if you are ever in the area! Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express in Grenada,MS.
Jackson
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here for one night for business and if I had stayed in the area longer would have requested a different room. I arrived late in the evening and had settled in before I found the issues. Stayed in a king bed room with couch, chair etc. I think this was a suite but normally a suite is two rooms in other HIE. It looks like this was another hotel converted to a HIE.
Ok. Complainants:
Went to room and it was a bit chilly so turned on heat. Heat was controlled by unit on wall not on the window unit itself. Something smelt burnt after a few minutes but just thought it was just the unit getting used to heat. After awhile noticed no heat was coming out unit just cool air. Tried several times to get heat to come out but no go. It was late so didn't fool with calling up front. I put my jacket on and dealt with it. Since I was a priority club member I got a snack of Doritos and cookies. The Doritos must have been a year old because they were really stale and guy next door blew my ears off with the snoring. Woke up and went to take shower and pulled the little thing to start the shower and it pulled right off. So no shower. I did call the front desk and report this. The heat did return that morning but was not very good. Oh and the one elevator they have is really slow.
The compliments:
The bed was really comfy and the staff super nice. Breakfast was good. Location was great.
Would I stay here again. Yes but just for the points.

Room Tip: Check your rooms features before settling in.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Grenada was clean, comfortable and so friendly from the time of check in to when we checked out. Two nights here to meet cousins we found only a year ago. We checked in a little early and the gal at the desk asked if it would be OK that we had a suite since the rooms weren't cleaned yet and at a very reasonable price, Worked out perfect for us to have visitors in our room and not have to use the lobby. A large room with a comfortable bed, 2 desks, new sofa and large chair. Plenty of room in the bathroom to lay our all our "stuff". Breakfast was adequate and much like all hotel faire. Not really a complaint but at every hotel we left when we asked to buy a bottle of water or 2 since the weather was so hot we were given then at no charge. At this hotel we were charged $2.00 for the 2. All this said we felt that the $100.00 a night for the rooms we had were more than worth it. We will stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
NE Missouri
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel was nice, clean, and comfortable and offered a nice breakfast. Our only disappointment was that after a long day of driving on this, our first day of vacation, the pool closed at 8 p.m. We have just experienced the hottest summer for many years and so looked forward to a cool swim after a long day of travel. We only checked in a few minutes before 8:00 so were out of luck as far as a dip in the pool. The desk clerk was very nice and apologetic and explained they closed so early for insurance purposes. I would recommend this hotel to others, just don't check in with the hopes of an evening swim.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stopped here on our way to Fort Morgan and were very disappointed! We had booked a 2 queen bed room and when we arrived they gave us a king size bed! With a family of four it is a little hard to all sleep in a king size bed after a long drive! We showed the front desk clerk our confirmation but were told sorry but when you do it online it doesnt let the hotel know what kind of room you reserved! We have stayed in many hotels over the years and this was a first for me! Why allow someone to reserve a room online and then tell them sorry we didn't know what kind of room you needed so we gave you a king size room and by the way we are all booked so that all we have! She told us all other hotels were booked so we really had no choice and that we would have to pay for a roll away! After one call we found another hotel but went to tell them and they gave us a cheap rate and a roll away! Only reason it didn't get a worse rating was because of this!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grenada
Hampton Inn & Suites Grenada
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North
Knights Inn Grenada
Knights Inn Grenada
#5 of 13 in Grenada

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grenada? Share your experiences!