“Warm and Inviting Stay”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Grenada
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Being a senior citizen, my family members searched for a hotel with a safe environment, and quality service. Fortunately, this hotel lived up to the challenge and provided top notch service. They upgraded my room since I was handicapped, quickly provided service at even at 3am, and their Breakfast was delicious… they definitely had the best biscuits and gravy (not salty) YUM! The managers went over and above to make me feel appreciated during my stay. The night manager helped transfer my phone calls to my room due to phone technicalities, and the day manager was helpful to senior citizens, such as myself by opening the doors for me. The rooms were nice and clean, I love the accommodations, and there were no complaints at my stay at the Econo Lodge. Overall I really appreciated the staffs help during my stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed January 29, 2012

i tried to find something wrong with this place 1 speck of dirt rude clerk i couldnt the room was the best place we stayed at our whole trip shameka the evening clerk was so ssoo good and funny and compassionate i told her i need ed 2 beds hubby and i arguing dont even want him touching me she called when we got settled asked about the room & she keeps the coffee on all night and is a great listener she was fabulous a great asset the econo lodge better keep her and the day clerk at checkout was just as friendly breakfast was good the bed was so comfy i didnt want to get out of bed .. i highly recommend this place

Room Tip: this place was comfy and quiet and i felt safe
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2011

My sons and I went to Oxford MS to watch the LSU - Ole Miss game. We could not find a place in Oxford so I went looking at the nearest town. The Econo Lodge was the only place that had rooms. I was reluctant to book the reservation because I had a fairly low opinion of the Econo Lodge brand.

I will have to admit that this stay completely turned that around. The room was well-appointed and clean. The staff was knowledgeable, courteous and friendly. The breakfast, while far from sumptuous was good and filling. Check in and check out were both a breeze.

I thought the price was a little high for this type of hotel, but not outrageous. Overall, this was a very good experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Stayed one night here on the way home from spring break at the beach. The room was very clean with newer carpet and furnishings. Bed was comfortable. Desk person was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2010

The staff here are very thoughtful and helpful. Its not so great for business travelors since the internet link is a little weak and there is no business center. The beds are not the new cushy ones that are in some of the remodeled/newer hotels but they arent as hard as the ones at other hotels in the area. When I checked other hotels in the area for business centers, the ones that had business centers charged more than double the price. The staff is thoughtful and if you have to stay in Grenada its a good place to stay. The breakfast is just the normal stuff. What is good is that they offer fruit and cookies at any time. The pool was very clean.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2010

We checked into the Comfort Inn after checking out of another place down the street. We stopped at the Comfort Inn with a resveration. The person at the desk, Smeeka, was EXTREMELY accomodating. After hearing about our experience with the sub-par conditions at the location down the street, she made a phone call to our room, after check-in, to make sure we were happy with our accomodations. The room was very clean, and everything was in working order. Would go back.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Stopped in for a night on our way to the beach. The room was clean and had nice decor. The bed was comfortable. There was also a refrigerator and a microwave if needed. Complimentary breakfast in the morning but we didn't stay. Overall, nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grenada
Comfort Inn & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Knights Inn Grenada
Knights Inn Grenada
#5 of 13 in Grenada

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!