“Great place to eat”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Visiting Grenada and looking for somewhere different to eat. Called a local friend and they suggested Orleans Bistro although they hadn't eaten there before. Called the restaurant to make sure they were open since it was Monday night. My party of five got there about 7:15 and were welcomed at the door. The food was fantastic! The chef came out and talked to us and it's now on my list of places to go when visiting Grenada.

3  Thank stillwill

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a nice laid back place situated downtown on main street. The food is really good. I don't know if they still have it, but the stuffed mushrooms, I think it was, were very good.

1  Thank Gregory S
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Orleans Bistro is a restaurant on Main Street in Grenada. It's décor is in New Orleans motif as well as it's menu.
I love the charbroiled oysters and the gumbo. The parmesan fried green tomatoes are an excellent appetizer too.
Try the Asparagus and Crawfish stuffed redfish... It's very good.
The crawfish etouffee is wonderful. The only dish I probably wouldn't order again is the gulf coast ribeye.
Other than that, everything I have tried is very much worth repeating.

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

We had spent a week on the coast and while traveling back to Memphis stopped to get gas in Grenada, Mississippi. We were hungry and started looking around for food. We saw a BBQ place and a Shoney's at the exit. My husband asked me to use the TA app and see what was nearby. The Orleans Bistro came up #1 and we decided to go for it. What a treat! Brandi was our friendly server and we ordered the highly recommended bacon wrapped shrimp and the Catfish Thibodeaux. I have never had better bacon wrapped shrimp. The bacon was not overly salty and the grilling was perfect. The catfish has a jalapeño sauce that will "open your sinuses"! It was so tasty that we just kept eating and sniffling. Ha! There was another fellow near us that was sniffling too... and we all cleaned our plates. Had the lemoncello marscapone desert to cool off. Kept saying that we need to make a trip back through Grenada just to eat here. Loved it.

1  Thank golfergal1111
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I had the pleasure of dining here while traveling through town on business on April 7th. I had read the reviews on trip advisor and said I'd give it a shot a boy am I glad I did. It was a quit Wednesday evening with only one other couple in the place and me co-worker and I we greeted very warmly and seated immediately and the menu was explained to us. We chose the Catfish Thibadeux which ranks as one of the top five meals I have ever had in my life!! For dessert we had the lemonchello with marcapone and a raspberry reduction. Light airy and amazing. This place was so good I brought my best customer here the next night and he couldn't believe how good it was either. The place isn't anything to look at from the street but the personality of the staff and the genius of the owner/chef is fantastic. She came out and checked on us each night and to this day I still wish she would've taken me up on my offer to come back to Florida with me. I will make the Bistro a must on all my trips to Mississippi from now on.