“Eh, not that bad but not that great either”

Holiday Inn Express Greenwood
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Greenwood
Oxford, Mississippi
“Eh, not that bad but not that great either”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed here in March because I was running a half marathon in town. The hotel is not super convenient to downtown and is your typical Holiday Inn Express. Because I was running I missed breakfast so I can't speak to that. I was pretty disappointed with my room. I was on the first floor in the room closet to the door to the parking lot and it was extremely loud which prevented me from getting a good night's rest. People went in and out all night, continually slamming the door. If I had come late and the hotel was busy I could understand but I showed up relatively close to check in and the hotel was fairly empty. I plan on running the same half marathon next year but I'll definitely be looking into other accommodations.

Room Tip: Not the first floor!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Megan R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenwood, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Megan R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Natchez, Mississippi
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for the past three years. The front desk staff is friendly and very helpful, the breakfast is good and the rooms are clean. Since my last stay they have added free wireless. While the Internet is not fast, it is more that adequate for basic business needs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Denver_Mullican
Helena, Arkansas
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This hotel is what one expects from a Holiday Inn Express. It is clean and fairly inexpensive and has a nice, helpful staff. I was in town to run a half marathon and did not want to spend a lot of money. I brought my wife and son and we had a comfortable stay.

I live in a small town and realize that finding a nice hotel in a small town can be difficult unless to spend a lot of money at a bed and breakfast or a boutique hotel. If you are in Greenwood and want a nice stay for a decent price, I suggest that you stay here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank JollyHenceforth
Natchez, Louisiana
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Stayed at this property back in November of 2011. Nice and clean so it must be fairly new.
Huge rowdy crowd out the front door in the parking lot from 12:00AM until 3:00AM. Called down and complained said that they could not do anyuthing about it. Went down to complain and the hotel staff was partying with the group, blew me off. Fight broke out and we had to call 911 to get the cops there. Expressed our displeasure at check out and they ignored me and another guest when we complained. Tried to contact the owners and management of this hotel through staff and guess what? Called another hotel that is owned by the same individual and also got no response from their management.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank Bigmeaux56

Travelers are raving about these Greenwood hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I will never stay at this hotel again. I visit Greenwood several times a year and this was my first time staying at this hotel. NEVER AGAIN. The cleaning staff did a poor job. For the price I paid, which I was overcharged when I reviewed my bank statement later was too much.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Matt79_12
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This was the second time I've stayed here. Staff is friendly, the property is clean and well kept. Coffee available 24/7. Convenient to food gas and shopping.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank bubbabingo
meridian, ms
Reviewed December 18, 2010

The service and the cleanliness of the rooms are excellent. This holiday inn in greenwood is top notch. The hot breakfast is wonderful. Sausage and biscuits, gravy, hot scrambled eggs. Internet access is wonderful. The staff was very well informed about the area and were very professional. I recommend this holiday inn to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank nickruffin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood
Hampton Inn Greenwood
#3 of 5 in Indianola
Comfort Suites Greenwood
Comfort Suites Greenwood
#1 of 6 in Greenwood

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greenwood? Share your experiences!