“No breakfast because you ran out of food! Are you kidding me?”

Hampton Inn Greenwood
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Greenwood
Lafayette, Louisiana
“No breakfast because you ran out of food! Are you kidding me?”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

It was a typical Hampton Inn. Budget friendly and clean. Nothing special. Our last day there, they ran out of food. My husband did not care for the food the day before but it is included with the stay. The second day, we arrived at 9:00 to find there was no food and they did not offer to prepare anymore. Breakfast was suppose to last until 10:00. No offers to comp us a breakfast at any of the close by fast food places. No apologies. Just basically a "too bad". We complained when we checked out and the front desk person just looked at us. I feel we were misled and cheated.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sueanniesue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Halo27
Reviewed August 27, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for a family reunion and I must say it was the cleanest and most current hotel that I have stayed in, in Greenwood! Very friendly and courteous staff. Beautiful lobby and rooms well worth the price if you want something extremely nice

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
VeggieFoodie
Reviewed September 16, 2008

Wonderful stay. Pleasant breakfast, housekeeping and front desk staff. Everyone is really there to make you feel at home. I came for business, and would come back anytime. This place is a gem.

• Stayed May 2007
Starkville
Reviewed October 3, 2007

Everything about this particular Hampton was right. From the blues music that was playing in the lobby as I checked in, to the offer of complimentary hor deurves and beer to the wonderfully comfortable beds. It means a great deal to have such a comfortable place to stay while working and needing a good night's sleep. I particularly appreciated the Breakfast on the Run. What a nice touch for those of us who don't want anything heavy, but need a pick up later in the morning. The staff was friendly and helpful, never once appeared too busy to answer a question. Great stay.

• Liked — Friendly and helpful service. very comfortable beds.
  • Disliked — Outside view
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
NYC
Reviewed July 13, 2007

My daughter and I stayed here for one night. We were very pleased with the service and very surprised at just how nice the room was. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed April 3, 2007

My husband and I traveled to Mississippi with his elderly parents who are both 86 years old. After reading reviews at TripAdvisor.com we decided that the Hampton Inn would be the most comfortable for all of us. We weren't disappointed. From the minute we walked in the door we felt at home. We arrived at the hotel at the end of a full day's drive and were tired and hungry. The desk clerk greeted us warmly and booked two rooms directly across from each other.

When asked for a restaurant suggestion (I already had one on my list from TripAdvisor.com) he suggested the same restaurant on my list and drew us a map to the location. (Review for that coming next)

The hotel is fairly new. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable with soft sheets and clean, white duvets on top with lumbar pillows.

A complimentary hot breakfast was provided the next morning. Grits, oatmeal, fresh fruit, sausage, breads, cereal, juice, hot drinks, waffles. Everything was displayed beautifully and was very clean. The help was very very friendly. One staff member even opened the garbage can for me when I went to throw my trash away at the end of the meal! When my mother-in-law thanked her for her hospitality and explained the purpose for her visit she received a big hug.

As we checked out and went out the door there were to-go bags for people who wished to take one. Inside were an apple, bottle of water, breakfast bar, and mints.

The purpose of our trip was a sentimental journey for my in-laws who met in the area during WWII. We packed a lot of things into three days. As we made the drive home I asked my father-in-law to name the highlight of the trip. His answer? His stay at the Hampton Inn.

I would highly recommend staying there.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — not a thing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
Fort Worth
Reviewed August 20, 2006

I have stayed at this Hamton Inn a number of times and every one of my stays have been good. The staff is great and can be counted on to make your stay pleasant and the rooms have always been clean. Not many extras but a very well run hotel.

• Liked — Great Staff
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank jeffkb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood
Holiday Inn Express Greenwood
#3 of 5 in Indianola
Comfort Suites Greenwood
Comfort Suites Greenwood
#1 of 6 in Greenwood

Been to Hampton Inn Greenwood? Share your experiences!