“Fantastic as usual....”

Dining options: Reservations
Chester
“Fantastic as usual....”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Been going to this restaurant since the 1950's. Certainly do miss the butter pats on the ceiling but do understand health violations. Steaks were excellent and the flan was melt-in-your-mouth good. Onion rings were just so-so, though. A little disappointed in them. Would highly recommend as ambiance is well worth the price.

Visited October 2012

Greenville
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We had a group of 20 people to eat. The broiled shrimp were delicious. The salad was very good. Our service was very good. I highly recommend lusco's. The onion rings were excellent. We bought our own wine and had the best time.

• Visited August 2012
Phoenixville, Pa.
“Great place”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I ate at Lusco's last month and this while visiting on business. Both food and service were excellent each time I was there. Didn't know until after I ate there that this restaurant was in the movie The Help.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank j19460
Atlanta, Georgia
“Old time Service and Atomosphere”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I really enjoyed the entire dining experience here.

First, it's not exactly in the best of neighborhoods and from the outside it certainly looks like a "hole in the wall." However, they have valet parking and a visible employee presence outside the place, so there are no problems. The place has been around for a while and according to the menu, the 5th generation is now involved with this family business.

This place is a throwback to the days of prohibition. They serve beer but you bring your own wine and liquor. They will provide glasses, set ups and ice. We sat in a private room, of which there are several. If you want the server you push a buzzer on the wall. In the old days I assume this was to have privacy for consumption of alcohol or whatever else was going on in the room.

The food is carted from the kitchen to the table on a three tier cart on wheels. We started with fired chicken appetizer for the table. Nothing fancy, just home fried chicken – four pieces per order. It tasted like what I remember my grandmother making back in the 1960's in south Louisiana. The pompano is one of their special dishes and several at the table ordered it. They loved it. I had the rib eye, which was excellent. It came with a tangy au jus. I also had the crabmeat cocktail and house salad. Both excellent. I had the baked potato as a side, but wish I would had ordered the french fries. They are hand cut fries, cut at the time you order them. For a french fry purist like me, they were perfect (I stole some from one of my table companions).

This place has a lot of charm and old south hospitality and excellent food. If you are in the area it is worth the trip.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank DennisBTR
McLean, Virginia
“An old standard”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Still great after all these years -- private booths and all

Visited October 2011