“This room would cost over $200 in a big city”

Best Western Greenwood
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Greenwood
Reviewed October 7, 2009

This is a real sleeper. Hotel completely renovated inside and out. Very quiet room, new beautiful furniture, large room and in perfect condition. Yet we paid $71.99 for the night.
Hampton in Grenada, MS and this one are the best we have seen in years.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western Greenwood

Reviewed June 25, 2009

We stay here every year for a golf tournament. They always try to please us...our room was clean and we like the door leading directly outside. Breakfast lady is really great!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2009

My family and I went to Mississipi due to my Father in law being hospitalized, I check online and found what I thought was a nice hotel, was I ever wrong!!! I booked the room and paid with a debit card over the phone before we left home. The attendant gave me a confirmation number and stated she already had processed my payment for the 3 days we booked. When we checked out and returned home we learned that not only was 220.00 charged to the debit card but they put a hold on another 135.50 for what reason I do not understand and yet and Mr. Kenny the owner/supervisor could'nt explain either. I spent a total so far of 2 days trying to clear this matter up with Mr. Kenny, which he contends that he is helping to clear up the matter but any time you try to expain he trys to talk over you and tried to turn the whole situation around, that it was'nt his hotels fault. My question is if our debit card was already charged 220.00 why would you put a hold on more money.

The hotel was dirty , when we check in and wanted to bath thier was a dirty ring around the tub, I had to clean before we took a bath. When we called for room service the next day room service only gave us 2 towels, so the next morning I ask the attendent that was next to our room If I could have another towel and she stated I would have to give back the other towels before she gave me any more, I advised her we were shorted towels and she began to argue with me that she was the one who cleaned my room and basically called me a liar. Finally I explained to the attendent that I had a little more class that to steal towels from a hotel.

Also when I booked the hotel Thursday night the I ask If the hotel supplied a hot breakfast, I was advised that a hot breakfast including homade waffles were available.
Friday Morning we went to breakfast and the person that did the cooking should be terminated she was sitting in the room in front of the t.v eating breakfast herself and when we ask about the waffles, she acted like she did'nt want to be bothered and was more interested in her own breakfast and watching television.

All of my complaints were directed to Mr Kenny, where he took no responsibility for his staff and his reply was It's hard to find good workers.

The only thing left to say is Mr Kenny what type of hotel are you running???
not professional!!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2009

We went to Greenwood,MS to visit and spend time with my family during the holiday season. Also during that time my step-father had been in the hospital for the past four months. The management and staff did everyhting within their power and ability to accommodate our family. To us it felt like we were in a five star resort. The service was great, the hot breakfast meant we did not have spend any extra money. The indoor pool and hot tube was just the right way to end a day. The price was right as well. I absolutely would stay each time I return home.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2009

I arrived in the hotel about 8:00pm. The check in clerk was very nice, but she omitted one thing that disappointed me. This was the the start breakfast time. When I got into the hotel room, which was awesome and clean,the guest information directory listed the breakfast end time as10:00am. Well, when me and my family got up that morning and left around 9:00am to go to get complimentary hot breakfast. I was told that breakfast ended at 9:00am. I did not know this. The guest information directory was wrong and I pointed this out to the manager and clerk. They both stated that the clerk the night before should have told me, but I stated to them that it was not. They were very unsympathetic and did not try to offer help. I was really upset that the information that they were passing out to guest there was wrong. The other thing that disappointed me was that the exercise room had only 3 machines, one of was broken. I got shocked trying to plug the treadmill up, but it had a short in the cord. I had to basically use the other two. Overall the room was very clean and comfortable and the general area of the hotel was clean and homey, the service and information accuracy was definitely below average. I would recommend this hotel based on the comfort of homes that it provides, but watch out for inaccurate information and the service that follows.

• Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed December 26, 2007

I was apprehensive, since the facility had gone from a Hampton Inn to a Best Western. I was reminded once again that ' a name is only a name". The ownership makes the difference, and ' Mr. Kenny " steers a fine ship. He is a quality owner, and Faith, the manager, is as fine as you could find. I not only found a place to stay in Greenwood, Mississippi; I found friends and great relations. PRAISE GOD FOR PEOPLE LIKE THESE!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2007

While driving through Mississippi, we had a hard time finding a place to stay. There was a blues festival/soccer tournament/golf tournament in the area, and this was the only place we could find to stay. It had three stars in the AAA book, and we were desparate. I was not that impressed for the price we paid. We paid $83 including tax - which seems like a deal for any room until you remember where you are... The breakfast was good - but nothing special. The room was rather pitiful and hopelessly outdated. The lights didn't work - the bulbs were burned out. Then the outlets didn't work. They haven't bothered to put in wireless. You still have to actually plug in for internet. The remote control was also broken. They actually put a work request form in the room so that you could let them know what was wrong.... I have never seen that before - it just made me think that they won't spend the time to find out what doesn't work by themselves. The staff was very nice, but seemed overworked - especially the poor woman manning the breakfast. There were so many people, and only one staff person?!?! All in all, if I'd paid $50, I would have felt as if I'd gotten my money's worth, but in this case, I didn't.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple