“Not Bad”

Best Western Greenwood
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Greenwood
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My family and I stayed here for two nights. The check-in process was quick and easy. The room is large enough and the wifi and television worked great. On the downside, however, the carpet was stained and the bathtub faucet constantly dripped. I filled out a maintenance card, but they did not fix the tub while we were there. However, there was plenty of hot water in the shower and the pressure was excellent. I found the beds were a little hard, but we slept well enough. My kids used the indoor pool while we were there. It looked very nice, though it is rather small. The breakfast buffet in the morning is excellent. They had eggs, sausage, sausage gravy and biscuits, a variety of cereals, donuts, fruit, yogurt, waffles and bagels. The breakfast hours are from 6 a.m to 9 a.m., which suited our schedule perfectly. This hotel has an exercise room, but I did not use it so I cannot comment on it. Overall, it was a nice stay and I would stay there again if I return to the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Greenwood

Reviewed February 9, 2012

It was a pleasant surprise. Large nicely appointed rooms at a reasonable rate. Indoor/outdoor heated pool, racquetball court. Nice staff.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I have stayed at the BW-Greenwood for something like twenty nights during the last 12-months. I enjoy the friendly service and the breakfast is comprehensive...even though I only eat oatmeal & a bagel every time. I would guess that it has been ten years or so since it was remodeled last but they do a good job of keeping it tidy. My colleagues stay to the west at the new establishments but end up paying $35 more per night. For the price, I am perfectly happy at the BW and will return.

During one of my recent stays, I was placed into a room along the south side of the property and it smelled like smoke. I returned to the front desk and they immediately placed me into another room without any trouble (i.e. apologies and a smile). Good folks for sure.

Room Tip: I prefer the king rooms along the east side of the first floor. I've stayed in several and they...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This Best Western is in a good location, and better than many of the Best Westerns I have stayed at. They have a basketball court, racquetball, and both an indoor and outdoor pool. The rooms were spacious and clean. The beds weren't all that comfortable, but were what you would expect for Best Western. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The only real complaint I had was the television in the room. It was ancient, and did not even have the jacks on it to connect a video game system. My son was very disappointed about that! Overall, I would recommend and would definitely stay there again. Good value!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Pro was that they matched the internet price for me. The linens are attractive & do look like the website, but the beds are not comfortable at all. Towels are as my husband said "feels like recycled sandpaper" and could use lots of fabric softener. The first thing we noticed in our room was that the ottoman had a broken leg and was laying over to one side. The room seemed fairly clean, but upon closer inspection the headboards, etc were dusty. The lobby and common areas look pretty nice and well kept. The breakfast wasn't that great and on a busy day, the attendant could not keep the tiny containers filled. Next time in Greenwood, we will probably try to stay at the Hampton or Holiday Inn (neither had non-smoking Queen beds available)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2011

For $65 night its not all that bad. The beds are no good, springs are coming up, the sheets are old, the towels are old. The interior needs a good remodeling. However for $65 a night I guess it was worth it. Workers are the main source of income during the week, so don't be surprised. Large motel so the ADR's are low and so are the OC's. Stayed here 3 nights, it was quite all 3 nights. Employees are so so. From here went to Clinton, MS Best Western a huge improvement from Greenwood and them onto Natchez which was an even bigger improvement. Those two cost more but they were in a totally different league than the BW in Greenwood. So for $65 a night what would you expect, NOT MUCH! If you want better stay at the HIE and pay a bit more and get a better bed, better sheets and better towels!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Did most of you all get a pay off for the good reviews? What a joke, don't listen to them and run! Asked for non-smoking room, it was NOT, had to change to another room. Toliet did not work, awaken by an employee who lives in next room to ours with loud friends outside our door. Called front desk to complain and was very rude and hung up on me! Woke up with little sleep and a spider bite and husband found more in bathroom. Breakfast was the most disgusting food we have ever ate. The pool area is very pretty , but looks like no one has ever cleaned the pool, nasty! Rooms are very old, needs updating. Charged 2 different prices. Would never stay here or recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple