Greenwood Inn & Suites
$41
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbest western hotelhot breakfastin townreward pointsnice staystaff was friendlywould stay here againstaff personconvenient locationenjoyed our staycalled the front desksmall townmsfuneralmississippiexterioraccommodations
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Pro was that they matched the internet price for me. The linens are attractive & do look like the website, but the beds are not comfortable at all. Towels are as my husband said "feels like recycled sandpaper" and could use lots of fabric softener. The first thing we noticed in our room was that the ottoman had a broken leg and was laying over to one side. The room seemed fairly clean, but upon closer inspection the headboards, etc were dusty. The lobby and common areas look pretty nice and well kept. The breakfast wasn't that great and on a busy day, the attendant could not keep the tiny containers filled. Next time in Greenwood, we will probably try to stay at the Hampton or Holiday Inn (neither had non-smoking Queen beds available)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2011

For $65 night its not all that bad. The beds are no good, springs are coming up, the sheets are old, the towels are old. The interior needs a good remodeling. However for $65 a night I guess it was worth it. Workers are the main source of income during the week, so don't be surprised. Large motel so the ADR's are low and so are the OC's. Stayed here 3 nights, it was quite all 3 nights. Employees are so so. From here went to Clinton, MS Best Western a huge improvement from Greenwood and them onto Natchez which was an even bigger improvement. Those two cost more but they were in a totally different league than the BW in Greenwood. So for $65 a night what would you expect, NOT MUCH! If you want better stay at the HIE and pay a bit more and get a better bed, better sheets and better towels!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Did most of you all get a pay off for the good reviews? What a joke, don't listen to them and run! Asked for non-smoking room, it was NOT, had to change to another room. Toliet did not work, awaken by an employee who lives in next room to ours with loud friends outside our door. Called front desk to complain and was very rude and hung up on me! Woke up with little sleep and a spider bite and husband found more in bathroom. Breakfast was the most disgusting food we have ever ate. The pool area is very pretty , but looks like no one has ever cleaned the pool, nasty! Rooms are very old, needs updating. Charged 2 different prices. Would never stay here or recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2011

My family and I had a great time , the staff was very hospitable and accomodating , My kids loved the ability to take a late night dip in the 24 hour pool, but no problems at all.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Best Western last month and might I say we were quiet impressed. We actually used trip advisor to find this hotel. After reading the reviews, I was a little reluctant to bring my family here, but the rates were a lot lower than the Holiday Inn (my first choice) and we decided to just go with it. When we got to the hotel I personally was baffled. The lobby is absolutely grand and you can see straight into the pool room. My children ran into the pool room where they discovered a RACQUETBALL COURT. I've stayed at so many hotels and never have I seen a racquetball court. Kids are occupied! YAY! So the beginning of my visit was nice but it gets better. After the second night, we had an accident. One of my girls spilled a strawberry slush from sonic on the bed. I called the front desk and they informed me that housekeeping was gone for the day so I just asked for sheets. The girl at the front desk said ma'am I can come make up the bed for you and within minutes she was at our door with clean sheets and get this, SHE WAS SMILING! The whole staff was like that. Just as happy to help us as we were for them to help. The breakfast buffet is huge and overall our stay at the Best Western was well worth it being that we saved money from eating there. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Greenwood or even just passing through.

Room Tip: Upstairs, balcony
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business