“Bar and Grill for ME” 5 of 5 bubbles

Walla Walla, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bar and Grill for ME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

This was my choice on favorite places to get a steak in Greenwood. It was not so much the steak I even liked. The restaurant was SOUTHERN... not country, but southern. Wooden walls, wooden tables, wooden seats... a little dark, but not poorly lit. I am not an artist with my words, but if I could paint you a picture, you'd cry. The servers here were less professional and more friendly, which is kind of what you expect at a bar and grill, and I found comfort in this. The food here was great. House fries. My favorite. My favorite appetizer, I kept calling rat on a stick, because I couldn't remember the name of it, but honestly it tasted like "MANNA" food from God. It is a piece of meat on a kabob stick, with maybe bacon wrapped around it. I can't remember the name of it now but I know it had pork and some awesome juicy sauce that was served with it. You'll have to ask the server.

Visited September 2013

The Delta, Mississippi
“More of a bar than a restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Food is okay, nothing to get excited about. Overpriced for what it truly is. The bar is usually full of old men and ladies past their prime. This place feels more like a bar than a restaurant. Service is beyond awful. Last time I *tried* to eat here, my husband and I arrived for an early dinner (within their operating hours though). When we tried to open the door, it was locked. My husband phoned in to make sure they were open. They insisted they were and my husband told them the front door was locked. They assured him they would unlock it. 20 minutes later.. the door was still locked. Guess they didn't feel like making money that night.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great Dining Experience/With A Southern Flare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed in Greenwood, MS few weeks ago for business. Local residents suggested Flatland Grill for lunch. Food was exceptional. The Eggplant appetizer was absolutely delicious. Salad was crispy & fresh. Main course Broccoli, chicken & cheese dish was superb. Even the ice tea was good. It was not watered down like most eateries. I strongly suggest that you stop by to see Jo Bryant & staff when you are in Greenwood.

• Visited June 2013
Illinois City, Illinois
“Good food & great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our family ate here one evening after sightseeing all day. We were very hungry and they didn't disappoint. The food was delicious and our server, Matthew, was great. He gave us so much information about the area and was just delightful to talk to. The restaurant itself is very clean and stylishly decorated. We were very impressed overall. Would definitely visit again!

• Visited March 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Good home cooking at reasonable prices.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Good selection of lunch specials, good, food, excellent service. Dessert is wonderful and many to choose from. Gave our large group a private room too!

Visited January 2013