“Very Terrible Standards”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Greenville
Arkansas
“Very Terrible Standards”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I encountered a very unpleasant experience during my stay at the Comfort Inn in Greenville, Ms. My room was not clean nor was it tidy. The front desk receptions along with the hotel manager were very unethical with no customer service skills. There were visible ants and spider webs on the floor and in the window seal. The manager declared that the visible ants and spider webs in my room were endurable and acceptable. I checked in this hotel under a supposedly group rate for our family during our family reunion. When I checked out, I was not given my discounted group rate. I was told by the front desk reception and the manager that discount group rates were only given to the individuals that encountered major problems with their rooms. My room had no refrigerator or microwave but the website claims all rooms are equipped with refrigerators and microwaves. The hotel has no exercise room, which is described as an amenity on the website. The water is dirty looking and the water in the pool looks awful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Nebraska
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Seemed safe enough, bedding okay for sleeping, upkeep shabby, brown water, pleasant desk clerk....just think there MUST be something better in this town. Would not suggest anyone choose this one.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Greenville hotels

Vicksburg, MS
Reviewed February 2, 2010

The room did not have a refrigerator, not microwave. The room was extremely cold, and with the heater on, it took from the time I arrived in the room, until 2 am before the room got warm. I was given two blankets to keep warm though..

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
little rock
Reviewed August 12, 2009

The whole experience from Reservations to check out was a disaster. Registration process was extremely difficult. Staff was nice, but not knowledgable. Would get inconsistant answers to questions. Billing rate was wrong when we checked out and had to wait hours for the manager before it could be corrected. We were checked into a room that had not been cleaned and then moved to another room. Housekeeping did not clean our room during our 3 nights there! Carpet was filthy! The rooms smelled musty and there was water damage in some parts. There was so much humidity from the water that the air conditioning could not really cool the rooms. When we checked out our entire suitcase smelled musty and even the clean clothes had to be rewashed. Will not EVER stay here again. I have stayed in other comfort inns that were fine, but this gave me a bad taste for the whole chain.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
st. pule
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Will When my family first got there the rooms smelt like no one took a shwer there for years. Thin the floor was all wet. The tolet water was yellow. The TV was tiney. And the staff was not frindly. The swiming pool & wating pool were not clen

• Stayed July 2009
Chicago
Reviewed July 1, 2009

My family reunion chose this hotel for our stay in Greenville, and I think everyone had a complaint about their room. Our trouble began with the staff, who told us the hotel was pet-friendly, but NEVER mentioned they had a 20lb limit (I called and inquired twice before we arrived). So, imagine our surprise when we arrived, with our dog, and were told she was too big. They eventually agreed to accommodate us, but I guess they gave us the worst room in the inn. It didn't even have a room number, just a piece of paper taped to the wall outside the door.
Room had a damp smell, the toilet backed up (it took hours for a maintenance man to address it, but it was never fixed), there was years of dust caked on the bathroom exhaust vent, and the shower had hairs from a previous guest on the walls. There was no internet access in the room, and there was a set-up for coffee, but no coffee maker. A huge spider made its home in the corner and left a web full of dead flies and mosquitoes.

I will say that the bedding seemed clean, but I never felt totally comfortable sleeping there. Other members of our group had to deal with broken showers, TVs with no remote, visible dust on the furniture and most laughably- a toilet with a mismatched toilet seat (the toilet was oval, and the seat was round and 4 inches shorter than the bowl). There was no AC in the lobby, and the free breakfast featured a broken waffle iron. By far, this was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed June 2009
1 Thank HalfDaytripper
Rison
Reviewed March 28, 2009

There was a leftover bottle of shampoo in room. My wife left her watch behind, we discovered down the road we had left it. The staff was rude when we called back. Breakfast their was dismal to say the least. The grounds were to kept up. The internet connection would not work in the room. Don't go if you do not like the looks of visibly stained tap water. Spectator's Bar & Grill down the road had good food. We had planned on spending two days. Left and went to Vicksburg the next morning.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Econo Lodge Greenville
#1 of 2 in Lake Village
Super 8 Mcgehee
Super 8 Mcgehee
#1 of 2 in McGehee

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!