“Not The Worst”

Holiday Inn Express Greenville
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed May 28, 2013

No, this isn't the worst place I've ever stayed, but it isn't far from it.

Greenville no longer has much to recommend it (I was born and raised [not reared; we didn't do that] in the Delta, so I can say that) so you only need to stay there if you're passing through. In which case, if no other options present, and if you decide to stay here, be warned:

You'll be subjected to heavy traffic noise all night long; the rooms won't be too well-maintained or too clean; the power may go off, and management will do nothing; you will worry about someone breaking into your car, but they probably won't; and when you leave, you'll be glad to go.

You have been warned.

Room Tip: Stay in a back room, away from the highway.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shetlandskid
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear shetlandskid,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectation. It is our goal to provide the highest level of customer service. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you encountered caused by the noise challenges and staff service that fell below your expectations. Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps to remedy the situation.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We hope to provide you with a better service in the future.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 27, 2013

After extensive research on Trip Advisor, my husband and I booked a room at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was huge and the breakfast was free. The next time we find ourselves in Greenville, we will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was at this hotel for two nights. I felt at ease. Rooms were clean. Bedding smelled fresh. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Oh, and the stay was cheaper than the alternative: Hampton Inn. I will not hesitate to book again if I ever return to Greenville.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank vini00
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I remember going to Greenville and seeing this hotel built and stayed there shortly after opening then returning a couple years later and thought this used to be a nice hotel and sadly it was run down due tithe lack of care.
This was not a Holiday Inn Express for a short period of time but since then it was purchased by the same owner of Hampton Inn in Greenville and he had turned this place around and the hotel looks new again.
I booked a double bed room but upon arrival they upgraded me at no charge to the suite.
Everything about this hotel is great - as long as the don't let it get run down again.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Compman72
Regency45, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write your review. We are very proud of our Holiday Inn Express. You are correct, we reopened as a Holiday Inn Express in April of 2012, after an extensive remodel project. Thank you for choosing us for your accomodations while you are in Greenville, MS. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a Safe & Happy New Year.
Sincerely
Margaret Mickle

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here as we had a soccer tournament nearby. Great location. We arrived at 2:15 and room was not ready due to large party checking out late so they upgraded us to a suite. Very clean, all non-smoking and 1 block from Main St. restaurants. Maybe 2-3 blocks walk to Bi-Lo Center. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

we had stopped at the Hampton but since they were full, they sent us here. We were given the last room....a handicapped room. It was clean, staff helpful and beds were very comfortable. a full breakfast was served . No problems..would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The hotel has gone through a renovation. And it was well done. My room was very nice and clean. On my stay I must add, although I had no problems, my two friends both had issues with their showers (not able to turn on the shower). My exp. was fine.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Harlow's Casino Resort & Hotel
Belmont Plantation, Est 1857
Greenville Inn & Suites
Greenville Inn & Suites
#3 of 6 in Greenville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greenville? Share your experiences!