“Expensive, but unique experience and tasty!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Doe's Eat Place
Ranked #1 of 61 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Expensive, but unique experience and tasty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Doe's Eat Place is definitely a uniquely Greenville dining location! The meal was a bit pricey, but quite good. The steak was cooked perfectly and the french fries were delicious! The garlic bread is buttery and soft. If you like lemon, you'll love the salad! The tamales were just so so. Unique atmosphere for sure! Everyone was very nice!

• Visited February 2013

Jackson, Mississippi
“Don't miss an opportunity to enjoy everything about this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I decided to eat here based on the recommendation of a friend. Wow is all I can say about this place! We had a 7:00 dinner reservation but were hungry early so we called and they told us to come earlier and moved our reservation to 6:00. We arrived at 5:45. They did not have a table for us but asked us to wait just a few minutes. They offered us a beer/coke from the cooler and we literally sat in the kitchen and watched the steaks being prepared. I must warn you..this place is not nice or clean! But wow...the food more than made up for that! You enter into the "kitchen" of the restaurant and this is where you stand until your table is ready. I wouldn't recommend standing outside and waiting unless you have to (and there is a security guard outside the door - yes...it is that kind of a neighborhood). When we got to our table, a waitress came and asked us what we wanted to drink. Unfortunately, they do not serve sweet tea (I was so surprised) so I had a Coke (they bring you the can) and my husband ordered water. The dining room area is so old and strange but it adds to the uniqueness of the experience. We ordered a half dozen tamales and they were some of the best I've ever had! Oh...there are no menus by the way...the waitress just walked up and asked what we wanted to order. Thank goodness our friend had given us suggestions on what to order and we talked to the cook about what to order when we first entered the kitchen. We ordered 2 salads. My husband LOVED the salad...it was just okay for me. It is nothing more than iceberg lettuce and a few pieces of tomato tossed with oil, lots of vinegar and salt & pepper. I would have been fine without the salad. We also ordered the broiled shrimp appetizer and it was DIVINE!!! Don't miss ordering this and make sure you order garlic bread to go with it to "sop" up all the juices in the dish! So, so, so delicious! We ordered a 10 oz. filet cooked "medium" and shared it. The other steaks were HUGE, HUGE, HUGE...if you order a steak other than the filet...trust me...SPLIT IT! The steak came with homemade fries. The steak was incredible!!! Just incredible! And the fries were wonderful too. Really...this is one of the best meals I've ever eaten. Our cost for 1 beer, 1 Coke, 2 salads, 6 tamales, 6 shrimp, 4 pieces of garlic bread, 1 10oz. filet and some fries was $84. The place was very strange but I will always stop to eat here if I find myself in Greenville, MS! DON'T MISS IT!!!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“What an dining experience! Or should I say "eat"ing experience?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great experience eating with all of the local regulars. They gave us a true Southern experience. We had lots of help from the surrounding tables on what to order.

Visited February 2013
Long Beach, Mississippi
“The Best Steak in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Famous with locals and world wide alike, this amazing family owned restaurant simply makes the best steak, french fries, salad and tamales in the world. It's a bring your own bottle of whatever, and walk through the kitchen to get to your table always amongst friends. Don't expect anything but humble decor with a heart of pure gold. You'll be back for more in your memories or for real. Love you Does!

• Visited February 2012
Savannah, Georgia
“An experience like no other”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Having family in the Delta, I grew up eating hot tamales from Doe's. I have been to Doe's to purchase tamales with my grandmother but have not had the pleasure of eating there until recently. On recommendation from my sister in law, I had the filet. I ordered it medium. The very middle was medium but the rest was more medium well. Overall the filet was wonderful, not the best as my sister in law claims, but one of the best I have had. The atmosphere is VERY casual. Don't expect a fancy or even nice place. They have a great selection on bottled beer and you can bring your own wine/liquor. Definitely on "do not miss" place. Wish I lived closer!