OK, first let us put everything in perspective. Although the word "resort" is in the hotel/casino title do not go expecting to find the Bellagio. It basically consists of a hotel, casino, buffet, snack area, small gift shop and pretty nice showroom. You will not find a workout gym, spa (no full-body butter wraps or bikini waxes here), or high end shopping.
What you will find is a new facility, nice clean attractive lobby, a friendly desk staff, a nice comfortable room, and a standard issue clean casino. The hotel is somewhat off the beaten path of Greenville. It is about a 10 minute drive to the downtown area of Greenville. Warning, the drive on HWY 82 to the casino is a notorious speed trap for out of state travelers with officers that have no regard for the Fourth Admendment or Mississippi reciprocal gun carry laws (I wasn't carrying a gun but I won't go into the long story of why I mentioned this). I was driving 61 in a 55 on a wide open four-lane highway while getting passed by several cars and they pulled me over and demanding to search with no probable cause, if it wasn't for my wife I probably would have had a legal showdown. So watch out on HWY 82, especially if you are from out of state.
Now back to the hotel. I stayed in a double queen room and if you go to Harlow's website the picture they provide of the room is accurate. Very nice bathroom with the notorious Greenville brown water of course and Neutrogena brand accesories. The room did not have an iron or ironing board. I do not know if it is provided if asked.
I did not play anything in the casino but I walked around observing the scene. They have a full range of slot machines from 1 cent on up and a couple of pits of traditional table games. My stay was over the workdays so the casino was dead during the day but it did get a little more lively in the evening. The poker room had one table of players in the evening.
Overall, I cannot imagine a nicer hotel in the Greenville area. I definitely recommend this hotel if you are in the Greenville area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Harlow’s Casino is designed to offer an exciting gaming experience for every player with a variety of table games and slots with more than 33,000 square feet of fast-paced action!Harlow’s Casino Resort also features world-class entertainment, fine dining and luxurious accommodations. Visit Harlow’s for everything you’re looking for and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Harlow's Casino Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harlow`s Casino Resort And Hotel
- Harlow`s Hotel Greenville