“Still just ordinary”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Greenville
Crossett
“Still just ordinary”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We were excited to go to Harlow's after hearing about its facelift and renovations. We really did not notice improvements They have added a spa which is just OK and a steakhouse! When you walk into the lol by, all you smell is smoke! We were very disappointed. There were no improvements to the rooms. Not bad lace just not what we had anticipated!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Gran7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I spent one night here and may well have found my new favorite place to stay. I was checked in and checked out by new employees who had to ask for help, but they did so with efficiency and courtesy. This hotel certainly understands the hospitality industry. I was on a tight work schedule, so I did nothing aside from stay in the room. Cannot comment on dining or swimming pool or gaming. Their suites are simply stunning and rivals any i've seen to date. Marble bathroom floors and granite countertops - as you would come to expect from a suite. Very spacious, also. I guess i was surprised that something of this caliber is in Greenville. I visited once before - not to the hotel, but only to the buffet and gaming - but wasn't impressed. The hotel is a totally different story - very impressive. Their AAA rates are pretty fair.

Room Tip: spend extra for a suite - you'll be glad you did. Call ahead to ensure availability.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Christopher P
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My family and I have visited Harlows several times and I can say things have changed from the colors on the walls to the buffet to new employees. My husband and I have been coming to Harlows every since it has been opened and we moved to Dallas,Texas. But I can say things have changed the rooms are great very comfortable and spacious the only problem I had was the taste of the water with all of the remodeling I would think they could fix the water. We got checked in very fast and the rooms are just beautiful; the bathrooms to die for. After eating at the new and improved buffet we decided to go back too our room. By the way the food was great big up's to the chef.Around 4 am My husband and I went to casino floor and their wasn't many people in there but there was one young lady who greeted us as soon as we sat down at our favorite slot and one thing I can remember in what she told us, would you both care for something to drink and we said no we don't drink and she said you don't have to get an alcohol beverage you can drink coffee water or soda.I replied back, if we need anything I'll go to drink machine. The one thing she told me and husband that I have never heard before in this casino was you don't have to get up I'll go and fix whatever you want just tell how you want it. The made me feel so welcomed to be greeted like that. So after talking with her as she passed thru we learned the she was the supervisor on that shift and all of her help was gone and she was the only beverage person there. I can say customer service was great and my hotel stay was perfect. Thank LaToya Joness for being so nice and courteous. The hotel staff are some hospitable people.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor are great perfect for a couple who wants some alone time
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Davine J
Monticello, Arkansas
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have visited Harlows on a regular basis for over 2 years. Spent many nights in the Hotel. The Rooms are clean but the bath water looks and smells as if iit is being pumped straight from the Arkansas River next to it. The first 2 years the food was terrible along with the wait staff. on a typical night I play the slots an average of 7 hours. I have never hit any type of jackpot and seldom have seen anyone else. I have been to every casino within a 300 mile radius of Harlows and this one is by far the worst as far as payouts go. The main reason I go to Greenville is because it is 100 miles closer to my residence than any of the others. In my last 2 visits I was acutally aproached on a regular basis by 2 floor managers inquiring about any needs that I may have that they could assist me with to make my stay more plesant..Latoya Jones and Carol Kennedy have given me hope that this Casino is making positive attempts to make this a better establishment for me to patronize as a customer. The new Buffet has also made great strides in 2013 to become more hospitable...My advice to any slot players is do not expect to come out with any winnings and in the event you do get lucky..Stop then and leave~!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank dell B
d
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

The room was spacious and the bathroom was very nice and If you're in town to gamble then I guess you're in the right spot, otherwise I wouldn't stay here unless it were free, and then just maybe. The entire hotel (attached to the casino) reeked of years of smokers...even though we were on a "smoke free" floor, everything we brought in the room with us smelled like smoke by the next day. We chose to go into Greenville and stay somewhere less expensive the next day that had a free breakfast...I would recommend you do the same.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank d d
Columbus, Mississippi
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Delta Delights Buffet really does need to improve. The service for my visit on a previous weekday for lunch was terrible. The waitress forgot to bring napkins, silverware, and even drinking straws. The green bean casserole looked like puke. The pots and pans were only restocked one time so for about 30 minutes they were empty. I feel disappointed in paying the hefty price (SN: This buffet is one of the smallest that I have ever visited compared to RObinsonville, Gulf Coast, and Vicksburg) Resort huh? *Cough* I agree with the other reviewer some changes need to be made before someone gets ill.

Room Tip: Ask for room on 5th Floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SouthsTraveler777

Travelers are raving about these Greenville hotels

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The buffet is very bad. The food was undercooked and others were spoiled. I've always liked the food there because it had a homemade taste. There were very few things to chose from and things looked very unsanitary. I loved the new casino but I hope they go back and make some changes befor someone get's really sick.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jewellj65
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Holiday Inn Express Greenville
Belmont Plantation, Est 1857
Greenville Inn & Suites
Greenville Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Greenville

Been to Harlow's Casino Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!