“Too expensive”

Hampton Inn Greenville
Ranked #1 of 6 Greenville B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Given that this is the only decent property in the south part of Greenville, it appears that a premium is being charged to stay in this hotel. It definitely is not a $129/night level hotel. I arrived an hour and a half after 3pm check-in and went through the check-in process only to be told that my room was not ready due to a mix-up because there had been a marathon in town. The hotel allowed those people late checkout without scheduling extra housekeeping staff in order to facilitate room cleaning in a timely manner. My suggestion would be that more mature front desk personnel be on duty during busy times such as this.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Another quality Hampton Inn-branded property, but the mindset that a room in that property is worth $129 per night is ridiculous. Perhaps it's because of the marathon I was in town for, but I'm accustomed to paying $89-99 per night at a Hampton. Hilton loyalty be damned; if you can't give me value for my dollar, I'll downgrade. I'll hate doing it, but I'll appreciate having an extra $60-80 in my pocket.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last night on business. Check in was a breeze and the clerk told me of the manager reception later, which turned out to be beverages and papa John's pizza. Hotel was very clean and quiet. Breakfast was standard Hampton fare but Belvis, the breakfast attendant was awesome! She saw me looking at the apples and honestly, they all had bruised or rottening spots on them; she told me to wait and she went into the kitchen and found me a fresh one!

Now the not so good...Internet. It was bouncing so bad, it took me an hour to get it to stay up long enough to VPN and finish my work for the day. I literally lost an hour of my life on this. This was so frustrating to me that I doubt I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I travel a lot. Like 50 out of 52 weeks a year for business. I had the great pleasure of staying at the Greenville, MS location recently. From check in to check out....the experience was wonderful. Fast check in with a great reference for a local place to eat dinner. Clean room that was comfortable in temperature! Wonderful breakfast with the nicest hostess on duty. She greeted everyone with a pleasant hello and asked if she could help anyone. When I dropped off my key and told the hostess at the front desk....I told her I would pick up the bill on my way out the door after breakfast...she brought it to my breakfast table! The service in this location is remarkable. I highly reccommend if you are staying in Greenville, MS..you stay here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I am retired from the insurance business. During my 33 years of traveling I stayed in more hotels than I can count Very few did I feel an obligation to write a positive review.

The staff was a helpful as possible and the room was spotless and everything was in working order. The breakfast had many options to choose from. All of these points I have mentioned are expected for the price I paid, But the ATTITUDE OF THE STAFF is their greatest asset!

Room Tip: 415 was nice!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2013

If you have ever been to Greenville, MS, you know that the hotel selections are few. Booked this Hampton after reading reviews and found it to be consistent with the Hampton brand. The hotel was new, clean, and the staff was very pleasant. Internet is free, so that is always a plus. The prices were a bit higher than I am used to paying for Hampton, but from a supply and deman standpoint, that would be true of any small town. The only negative, which was out of the hotel;s control, was all of the water had a slightly yellowish hue. Doesn't give you a warm and fuzzy about drinking water in the City of Greenville,
Overall, the hotel stay was great.

Room Tip: Near Walmart and the Mall
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I travel a great deal for work and have stayed at various five star hotels across the country. Although this is not a five star hotel, its given a four star rating because the property was located in a safe location (especially important when you are a female), the hotel staff was polite and helpful, and our room/facility was clean. Down side: Room safe and lounge (eat/drinking) were amenities listed on the website and guest book but are not offered at this location. It would be nice for location to consider serving a light menu that includes cocktails as an option for travelers who do not wish to hop back into their car to find a place to have dinner.

I would recommend this hotel and will stay there again. FSW

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Holiday Inn Express Greenville
#3 of 6 in Greenville
South Shore Cottages
South Shore Cottages
#1 of 4 in Lake Village

Been to Hampton Inn Greenville? Share your experiences!