“Casual Diner”

Reeves Fish and Steak House
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Golden
Reviewed November 3, 2016

Not much choice in dining for our stay in Red Bay Alabama so we took a suggestion from a friend and tried Reeves. John had the fried fish and I had the fried frog legs. The fish was OK, the frog legs were small but OK. We liked the sweet potato fries and the hush puppies. The salad bar had lots of veggies and the dressings were good. It is a casual diner, nothing fancy but friendly staff. They are only open Thurs, Fri, Sat. Their menu is varied. May try again but order broiled offerings.

Date of visit: November 2016
Write a reviewReviews (7)

Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

To find true Mississippi home cooking go to Reeves fish and steakhouse to enjoy fried catfish,steaks, chicken and frog legs… Did I mention hush puppies? This business has been serving delicious food since 1982.
Important to note they are only open Thursday Friday and Saturday nights opening at 5 PM.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed January 17, 2015

While traveling from Iowa to visit my family in Northeast MS, me, my mother, and mother-in-law decided to eat at this restaurant for a ladies evening out. It is basically in a remote area near Belmont, MS, and has the largest and best fried shrimp I ever ate. My mother chose the catfish and she felt it over-cooked slightly, so when I return, we will simply request light frying. My mother-in-law selected the chicken fingers and loved them! The prices are great and I look forward to going back and eating at this restaurant. Best to call ahead and check times and days when open. Also best to arrive early or later to avoid the crowd. Highly recommend!!

Date of visit: January 2015

Been to Reeves Fish and Steak House? Share your experiences!