“Good food, nice decor, OK service...”

Aztecas Restaurant & Cantina
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Gautier
Description: Aztecas Restaurant & Cantina is devoted to bringing people together to enjoy delicious authentic Mexican dishes. We are driven by a passion for our craft, devotion to excellence and dedication to upholding the best quality standards.
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This place was renovated a year or so ago, and it looks fantastic. Nice courtyard with outdoor seating, but a bit warm in the summer months. The food is really good, and the salsa served with crisp chips is fresh and tasty. Some of my favs include the full blown beef nachos with guacamole, chimis w/ rice and black beans, and of course, the fajitas. I'd agree with other reviewers who've said the margaritas need some work...they aren't very good at all. Maybe the overwhelming lime flavor is just a bit too authentic? or maybe I'm missing something. The service is pretty good to OK, but not as engaging and helpful as it could be. In a small town, the "friendly factor" needs to be dialed up a bit. Overall, the food will keep me coming back, and I'll save the margarita night for somewhere else.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

They have great dinners. Service is hit and miss but when they are good they are really good. Reasonable prices and nice atmosphere.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Had dinner here and enjoyed authentic Mexican food that tasted delicious. The staff is friendly and the food was good.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Food is okay, has the normal Mex dishes with no flare. Went on a Wednesday and got the Margarita special and was completely dissatisfied. Definitely qualifies as the worst Margarita I have ever had. If you want real Mexican food and a great Margarita on the coast, go to El Saltillo. Best Margaritas hands down in the area.

Pros: outdoor seating provides good ambiance.

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Located directly across from MGCCC in Gautier. Party of three for lunch. They have their regular full menu plus a special lunch menu. This trip, and as always, the food makes it to the tables very quickly. Staff is very attentive and always keeps the glasses full. My wife and I split a lunch meal which worked out great for us. I had a tamale with cheese sauce added and my wife had a taco and burrito. My son had a chimichanga and subbed out for beans and rice. The food coming off their line is very tasty and the quality is superior to any other Mexican restaurant except for San Miguel's in Moss Point which is owned by the same person. Very good atmosphere which includes a full bar. Best recommendation to Azeteca's.