“Very Unprofessional”

Huck's Cove Marina Bar & Grill
Ranked #2 of 32 Restaurants in Gautier
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Caribbean, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hucks is a funky lil waterfront restaurant grill and bar hidden away on the West Pascagoula River. Surrounded by big old oak trees, bayou breezes on Mary Walker bayou and possible sighting of local critters. You can arrive by auto or boating. Relax on the open decks or inside all non-smoking. Either location you will enjoy the view. Winter Days January Thurs-Sunday. February Wed-Sunday. Food Specials and Happy Hours Daily. Meet your family and friends for great food and drink. Hucks accepts all major Credit Cards and of course cash.
Pascagoula, Mississippi, United States
“Very Unprofessional”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have been to Hucks on many occasions and generally have had good experiences, but, me, my wife and two children went to eat at Hucks on Memorial Day weekend. We sat on the back deck and ordered nachos and burgers, however, after waiting almost an hour without receiving our appetizer, I went inside to ask the manager what was going on, he preceded to tell me that "I didn't have to eat there". I told him that was true, so me and my family left the restaurant. Very unprofessional, and I will not be returning.

• Visited May 2012

St. Augustine, Florida
“Eaten alive!”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Outside dining in a pretty waterfront setting overshadowed by clouds of biting no-seeums??? Bug spray was provided, but didn't help much.

Food was okay. Service was very slow. The menu says they are not a fast food restaurant, and those words are definitely true.

On a positive note, the waitress was pleasant and friendly.

• Visited February 2012
Dover, New Hampshire
“Blissful on the Bayou”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

My wife and I visited the Biloxi Mississippi area in May 2011. Gauther is a small town to the east of Biloxi, an approximate 30 minute drive. We try and avoid all national chain restaurants when vacationing, and try to find local eateries that are unique and offer good food.

Huck's is a little off the beaten path. If my memory is correct, you take the last or second to last left just before the bridge connecting Gauthier and Pasagoula. The road it is on is a rural road, and you might think you have made a wrong turn, but then you see Huck's parking lot on the right. At first glance, Huck's did not look too promising. The building is brightly painted in a Floridian/Carribean style, and has a lovingly worn look. The entrance is to the left, you walk into a small alcove, from which you can enter the small enclosed portion of Huck's that contains the bar and some tables, or you can proceed straight into the outdoor patio that overlooks Huck's small marina. No one was inside, and the patio was clearly the place to be. There did not appear to be any hostess, so we found and empty table and before too long a server appeared.

The patio contains a good number of wrought iron tables. The menu warns patrons that Huck's is not a fast food restaurant, and that all food is cooked to order. The smallish menu contains many po'boy sandwiches, fried food baskets and gumbo. Although I do not normally order a mixed drink, it was a hot day and I asked if there were any drink specials, and was informed that two long island ice teas for $7.50 was the special. We said "giddy-up" and ordered two. The drinks were good sized and were served in a larger size styrofoam cups. We ordered chips and salsa, and the fried dill pickles, which were ok, but nothing special, and maybe even a little dry. As we arrived later in the afternoon, and we on our way to elsewhere, we did not order dinner.

Perhaps the biggest attraction of Huck's that day was the beautiful warm early summer day, the funky atmosphere and the local crowd that was enthusiastic. The patrons ranged from young families with children, to older couples, to small parties of young people.

There are a lot of restaurant choices in the greater Biloxi area that offer a greater food selection and more upscale food, but if you are in the mood for a slice of laid back Mississippi bonhomie, Huck's is the place to be.

• Visited May 2011
Charleston, South Carolina
“Kick back and relax”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Enjoy the casual atmosphere sitting out on the patio by the water. Hamburger was excellent as was the grouper salad. If we had had more time, we would have come back a second time.

• Visited September 2011
Gautier, Mississippi
“Used to be better.”
Reviewed December 18, 2010

It's okay. Good burgers and appetizers. We moved to Gautier after Katrina hit us in Biloxi. For a while it was a weekly stop after work. Then the manager changed to non-smoking so the bar was out. The staff was cut for winter hours and service declined. I don't know what happened to the lady that used to cook. Not the same place now and we might go 2 or 3 times a year.

1 Thank gtonic63