“Great Tilapia, Great Chicken”
Review of Huatulco Mexian Restaurant - CLOSED

Huatulco Mexian Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I love grilled and baked fish so it's great to find locations in my travels that serve these meals. Huatulco also serves fresh cooked vegetables which will help me to stay healthy so I can keep on traveling and contributing to TripAdvisor.

There are newer reviews for Huatulco Mexian Restaurant

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our hotel check-in person told us that this was the more authentic Mexican restaurant of the two in Fulton, MS and it was a short walk from the hotel. They have a huge and extensive menu that includes just about every imaginable combination of the typical items you'd expect on any Tex-Mex menu. Unfortunately there was not much I'd call traditional. They have a few items such as stuffed peppers and carnitas that are not on every Tex-Mex Menu, and they were enjoyed by our family. But the steak fajitas were quite average and appeared to be made from cheap sirloin steak rather than the traditional skirt or flank steak and it was tough and over cooked. Flavors were good, the food was served hot.

This is a dry county, so no Mexican beer or Margaritas...that was disappointing after a long day of driving.

The worst thing was the service. Our young male server really didn't seem to know anything about Mexican food or how it was prepared. Prior to ordering fajitas I asked if they were made from skirt or flank steak, all he could tell me was that they were "beef"! He didn't refill chips when he brought our cheese dip, didn't refill drinks.

So, if you find yourself in Fulton (and we highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express located there) and are craving Mexican, this is good enough to satisfy the craving. But don't expect anything special or authentic.

1  Thank Efusco