“a picturesque place for sure”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in French Camp
French Camp Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 French Camp B&B and Inns
Petal, Mississippi
“a picturesque place for sure”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My parents and I stayed in the Junior cabin while traveling the Natchez Trace. French Camp is a delightful place to stay with the antique buildings and hospitality. Our cabin had one big problem with the noisy beds which made sleep difficult, but beyond that we loved the cabin and can highly recommend it. It has a kitchen area with a microwave and refrigerator, and there is a TV& VCR in the living room. The TV reception was terrible, so we enjoyed the VCR tape of "Foxfire" which is a most applicable film for staying in an antique cabin. The breakfast the next morning was a most wonderful experience ! The lady is a genuine Southern cook and served up genuine Southern food...cooked grits, biscuits, and thick bacon.
French Camp is a often overlooked gem of Americana hidden on the Natchez Trace.

Room Tip: be careful with those low ceilings in the Junior cabin.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had never stayed at a bed and breakfast prior to this trip but when I arrived I found something I never expected. When I checked in, Debra (the receptionist) was warm and friendly and very helpful. I asked if there was anywhere close by to eat and she indicated there was a cafe' open right behind the gift shop (where I registering.) I went to the cafe and was greeted by the nicest waiter I think I have ever had. Josh was exceptionally courteous and thorough and answered all the questions I had related to the menu. I finally arrived at the "main house" and found it very inviting and very clean. The staff was helpful and helped me get settled as quickly as I arrived. After a very comfortable sleep---I woke to find the most wonderful "continental" breakfast I have ever had. I wonder what continent serves a ham and cheese and egg and onion concoction with six varieties of fruits, yogurt, special breads made by the staff on site and coffee good enough to be called "LOUISIANA APPROVED." If you want to know anything you just need to ask and the staff makes every effort to meet your need.

While I was there I observed two things that made me smile. One---the women who were in one of the "cabins" came in and they had also had Josh as their server and one inquired if I had had the "Big Willie" for supper. I told her no and she said---"That was soooooo good but I think they should probably have an ambulance outside for the coronary." The Big Willie has 10 crispy pieces of bacon, lettuce and tomatoes. The second thing I noticed was on Sunday morning, our hostess Summer came into the dining room carrying a vase full of fall leaves. One of the women at the other end of the table began to cry. It seems she had requested leaves prior to her arrival and Summer had gone out early Sunday morning and had gathered them together.

The staff is exceptional, kind, courteous, professional and thorough. Other than that---they were "okay". :-) I would recommend this B&B to anyone traveling the Natchez Trace. As if the Trace wasn't reason enough to travel the trace----French Camp is at the half way point and a great way station. Take in some of the history of the area. It will be a trip worth while.

Chadetta Blankenship

Room Tip: If there is more than one, you may want to reserve a cabin. As a solo I stayed in the main house...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hustonville, KY
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stopped for only one night during a bicycle trip of the Trace. We got caught in a terrible rain storm and arrived very early for check-in (and soaking wet.) Summer invited us in and let us into our room early. It is a very rustic place and NOTHING to do on Sunday; except relax which suited us just fine. There isn't internet or TV, but it is a beautiful environment. The breakfast was great. I would highly recommend it, just don't expect the modern conveniences.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed October 7, 2012

There were four couples in our party for traveling the whole trace from Tennessee down to Natchez. The convenience of the French Camp was great, but the people who worked there made it an absolute great experience. We stayed in the main house and just had a terrific time. This is one place you will want to experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Glenn S
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 29, 2012

French Camp B&B was the highlight of our five nights along the Natchez Trace Parkway in the quiet time of late September. Everything about it was welcoming, from the staff to the rockers on the porch to the comfortable beds in Victoria's room. We walked the boardwalk from the inn through the historic village to the cafe for supper. Food at the cafe and the inn was delicious and decadent, a one-time treat on the trip. I would go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Betsy W
Ulm, Germany
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed in the French Camp B&B only one night on our tour on the Natchez Trace. I wish we had planned more time here because it's such a nice place to be. The historic village is marvelous with all the old buildings and the boardwalk. We were in Carriage House - the cabin with the carriage of Greenwood LeFlore in a glass room on the front. It's a very cozy, authentic cabin with everything you'll need for a nice stay in this historic surroundings.
The full - and delicious - breakfast was served in the Main House just a few steps away over the boardwalk. Guest services were excellent - special thanks to our host Summer!
The whole historic village is part of French Camp Academy - a christian centered school and home experience - and you will feel the spirit on the whole site.
Highly recommended and I'm very sorry it's so far away from Germany to come back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Quality Inn
#2 of 3 in Louisville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona North
Americas Best Value Inn Kosciusko/North Carthage

Been to French Camp Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!