“Another ABVI winner.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Forest
Virginia
“Another ABVI winner.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is my favorite "Value Chain". Apparently individually owned, they are frequently "rebranded" older facilities and vary by facility, therefore, I usually don't book ahead if I haven't actually seen a particular location. This one is a winner. All rooms are first floor, my room(non smoking) was clean (but somewhat over "perfumed", a person with fragrance sensitivity may want to ask to view the room first). Extremely convenient to I 20, at an exit with "necessity shopping" and an adjacent Waffle House if the grits, eggs, biscuit/gravy, coffee, and Sunny D breakfast isn't your "thing". Night receptionist was efficient, describing the location of my room and providing the wifi password upon request. Morning staff was delightfully friendly. My need was for a clean, secure, comfortable bed to break up a long drive as a single female traveler. This was just that, no frills, but the rose colored sheets were a nice touch.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Jigi D, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Traveler,

Thenks so much for your kind comments regarding your stay with us. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and certainly hope you will stay with us again soon.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Carthage, Mississippi, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

this hotel is right off interstate its a convient stop it was average price nice staff a hot breakfast not cold cereal the rooms are nice and clean its fairly quiet by it being by the interstate i woud stay here again through my travels.

Room Tip: rooms by waffle house are nice for price
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank James H
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

good place to stay
nice and clean room i stay at econolodge before but this motel is affordable and clean i will come back and stay in this motel again.
staff is very friendly and helpful. motel have very good hot breakfast.

Room Tip: clean and safe
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank frank v
jackson, ms
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed here one night to just get away. Got a smoking king size bed since im a smoker and i was alone. First of all i over paid. Second the room needed alot of work. The bed looked like it need to be thrown out as if it was going to fall apart. My shower was not clean sink not clean toilet not clean. T.V. Was an big box t.v. What is this 1985 i thoght to myself. The carpet needed vacuuming. Walls were needing paint. But since i was already there and alone I thought well ive slept in worse camping or something. I noticed this all in the 1st 15mins i was there wow huh. But me beingva guy i thought well I've camped many times and had to rough it so no big deal. Until the lights go out. Okay i only live 30 mins away i will just get a refund and go somewhere else since i haven't been here no time. 15 20 mins tops just long enough to check everything out and start channel surfing. I havnt even turned the sheets back so the bed wasn't messed up or nothing. I go to the front desk and tell the owner i want my money back he acted like he didnt understand me. So i told him i wanted to leave again i want my refund because there was no lights oh did i mention there was a storm thats why they were out. Anyway he says the lights will probably be back on shortly and i will compensate you in the morning. Okay light come back on at like 3 in the morning. It was maybe 9 when they went out. The room was flooded about 4 ft into the room when i got up and it was standing water. Okay so go to get compensation for my troubles again owner acts like he doesn't understand what I'm talking about. Whatever I itched all the way home don't know if it was in my mind from my experience there or if it was for real. So my advice do not, do not stay there or you will be like me extremely aggravated at the their service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Goblin87

Travelers are raving about these Forest hotels

Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed for one night in the middle of a long road trip. If you happen to be in the Forest, MS area, this is pretty convenient and has fast food restaurants and gas stations near it. We ate in Jackson, MS before arriving in order to have a better choice of restaurants for dinner. There is a large Wal-Mart very close by. This may be a plus to some travelers. Being northern union types, my wife and I don't personally patronize Wal-Mart. The property has several buildings, all one story. So there will be no noise from a room above you. The room was clean, quiet and had a microwave and refrigerator. Normally I would give a higher rating for such a room, especially at such a cheap price. But I had 2 minor issues. The front desk staff is poorly trained. As there are several buildings, I had to ask where my room was located as opposed to them telling me. I had to ask where breakfast was. I had to ask if there was free wi-fi. When it didn't work and I called back the front desk, the clerk said "Oh, we've been having trouble since the power outage a few hours ago." Again, this was the first I was told of this. I also had to ask where the ice machine was. In other words, they were not trained to do anything other than take your money and hand you your room key. There was a "hot breakfast" as advertised. This was biscuits and gravy, grits, scrambled eggs and sausage patties with some Tang-like beverage. There may have been muffins. No hot or cold cereal, no fruit of any kind, no yogurt. I don't expect much for the price of the room. I'm just sayin' the food and breakfast room were kind of bleak. But there is a Waffle House next door. All in all, the place wasn't bad. The room was fine. But an overall rating of "average" seems fair.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank laborman1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forest
Days Inn Forest
Inn the Oaks
Inn the Oaks
#1 of 1 in Decatur
5.0 of 5 stars 7 reviews

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!