Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson - Flowood
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Flowood
“Super nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel was perfect! I stay at this chain of hotels quite often on family trips and this one more than met our expectations. Very clean and friendly staff. Worth it for us to go about 15 min off our path to stay here. Good location for restaurants and some casual shopping.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night on two separate times during a week since Jackson, Mississippi was approximately halfway to our destination of Waco, Texas from Atlanta, Georgia. We were travelling during the 4th of July holiday and since I was not able to find accommodations closer to Jackson at the last minute, we decided to venture north about 10-15 miles to Flowood. The person who took our reservations at the was very helpful and emailed me reservation receipts.

Our kids our getting older and we decided to take two adjoining rooms on the way to our destination to have additional room. We used a suite with a King bed adjoining a room with two queens on the first night. That room with a suite essentially provided a mini "family room" in between the two bedrooms and it worked out quite well. The property and rooms were very clean. We did experience some noise from loud guests in a room across from us on the first night, however, this can be expected during this time of the year and it did not last long enough for us to complain about.

I was very satisfied with the experience - so much that we decided to stay at the same property during our return trip. The general area around the hotel is quite nice, with many nice, clean restaurants.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

This hotel was recommended to me by a co-worker. I was very surprised at the outsanding customer service and how clean this hotel was. They had several awards displayed at the desk and it's easy to see why! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Last week we had a business meeting here. I must tell you that I have never been so impressed with a hotel as this one. The employees at this hotel were absolutely accommodating. I have to give Norman 10 stars for making sure we had everything we need. He loves his job there and it shows. The facilities are clean. The meeting space was big enough for 15+ people, although I wouldn't exceed 25. I spoke with a couple of board members that stayed here and they were very pleased. The rooms were very clean. They have a fitness area, outdoor pool, and they serve breakfast. We had food catered in from Table 100 and it was just divine. If you are looking for a hotel in the Flowood area, do not hesitate to book this one. You won't be disappointed. The only downside to this hotel which is not a reflection of the hotel itself but the guests that come, oh my goodness, don't expect them to be oh so nice. They are definitely not southerners. I think if someone has a complaint with this establishment or the employees, something may be wrong with them.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stayed here 1 night for business. I found the staff to be polite and courteous. The room was clean and very comfortable. The location was close to a strip shopping center with lots of restaurants and shopping. Complimentary hot breakfast was nice. They also had a nice happy hour for guests with free Bud and light snacks. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I got a good rate on hotels.com
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
springboro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

The hotel must read these reviews. The staff was pleasant and helpful. I have stay here a few times for work and never really had a problem. The breakfast person has always greeted me friendly. At check in I always have my priorty club member package there and takes just a moment to get my key and a water.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Macon, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

I, like most human beings, do not appreciate being yelled at and when I ask for the person behind the desk to please lower their voice I DO NOT expect to hear "I always talk like this" or for that person to give me attitude. A property can be as lovely as possible, the location perfect, and the cleanliness unquestionable but the moment any person on staff is rude, you might as well be the biggest pile of garbage.

A word of advice to "M" who was working when we checked in: You work in the industry known as "Hospitality" which according to Webster's means hospitable treatment, reception, or disposition. Just in case you don't know what 'hospitable' means, here's the definition of that too. Hospitable:
a : given to generous and cordial reception of guests
b : promising or suggesting generous and cordial welcome
c : offering a pleasant or sustaining environment

If this is the kind of reception we can expect, there will not be a return trip to this location.

If you are going to be staying in the area, stay away from this one. If you, like myself, stay only in Holiday Inn properties I would highly recommend the Candlewood Suites which is part of the IHG brand with Holiday Inn.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank hatter1868
HIExpressFlowood, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson - Flowood, responded to this review, October 19, 2015
This particular guest did not disclose that they were attempting to check-in under an employee rate and she was not in fact an employee. We attempted to work a few things out as it related to the rate but the guest was not cooperative and was attempting to con the hotel.

con1
kän/
informal
verb
gerund or present participle: conning
persuade (someone) to do or believe something, typically by use of a deception.